The underrated thread

And the Kaiser Chiefs should be paying them royalties on every record sale they ever got

1 Like

And Blur. And The Futureheads. And Franz Ferdinand. And… and… and…

Yeah they don’t get anywhere near enough critical acclaim. Right up there with Pixies and Nick Drake for under-rated.

(Did I over-do the sarcasm)?

1 Like

Should we be looking a little deeper here? No-one replied to my post, but Franz Ferdinand’s biggest influence was Sparks.

So much so that they recently had a joint record, which, with typical Sparks’ brilliance was called FFS.

bit random

a good omelette.

pickled onions

dijon mustard.

2 Likes

Frittata

2 Likes

clean, safe drinking water.

4 Likes

yes, including most tap water in Aust. Was this morning discussing plans with a colleague for an outdoor site visit next week, said I’d bring a 10L water container and fill it from the tap. That wasn’t met with much enthusiasm, so I said we could fill it from the big office cooler bottles (filtered etc) if she liked. “Oh, I’ll get some bottled water, we’ve got enough in the budget”. FFS Precious…

My wife is the same, refuses to drink tap water and refuses to let the kids drink it. Has to go through one of those Brita water filters first. She goes troppo when sh sees me fill the kids’ water bottles straight from the tap.

Though to be fair, I grew up on Adelaide tap water - Melbourne tap water is like fresh Himalayan snow melt in comparison.

1 Like

^^

Don’t get nearly enough recognition for being one of the key pioneering bands of the rock you hear today.

Melbourne tap water is rated as equal to best in the world.

Whats her problem with it, Fluoride or something?

Ha. I got giardia from drinking Himalayan snow melt once. While I was at about 3000m, I was clearly too far downstream. Thankfully it was the end of the trek (I wouldn’t have risked it at the beginning).

1 Like

Lol, thankfully no. She doesnt like the slight taste/ smell of chemicals that’s apparently there. She’d have no hope in tolerating SA water.

I’ve oferred to give her some of our untreated chemical free water from our rainwater tank. She is yet to take me up on the offer.

1 Like

Champion Data underrating our forward line.

Not answering ya phone when you’re in the dunnies at work. That’s underrated

1 Like

Not answering,… (or calling for that matter), when in the Dunny full stop I would have thought …

1 Like

Greatest urban myth of all time. The old Melbourne Boards of Works and it’s pirate Chairman, Alan Croxford helped convince Melbournians that the water was special !

No doubt closed catchments helped, but since the 1970’s the water gas been heavily dosed with chlorine, mainly due to the open small reservoirs dotted around the suburbs to keep the pressure up. More bird ■■■■ goes into them than Station Pier.

They put roofs over them to keep out the bird but that led to the aneroid bugs saying thank you. Hence now all have fully automated chlorine and fluoride dosing equipment.

The water is safe, and tastes much better than many places, but this is due to chemists.

1 Like

Lasagne

1 Like

Daylight savings

1 Like

I find a civilised city based in the mountains as a good bet for good drinking water.

Melbourne water is decent though. no better or worse than say brisbane or sydney. (tastes better i think because it comes out colder from the tap).