The Weather Thread (not allowed to talk about rain)

Hows the front rolling over Melbourne right now???

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml

From Stawell to Wilson's Prom.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR022.loop.shtml#skip

Was about to post the same thing. Big one. 

This should bring Jimmy back

Meh

Was expecting far worse, frankly.

Wonthaggi is an unusual name.

It's been mental in Tassie this week. Raining (in the south-east, been worse up north) almost non-stop since Tuesday morning. Big Eucalypt in my parents' back yard came down the other night, thankfully missed everything of value. There are two more out the front though, upwind, uphill, and within easy reach of the house, and a destructive wind warning for tonight. Fingers crossed!

How about Warrnambool, Wangaratta and Warracknabeal let alone Wolloomooloo and Wollongong?

Is this global warming but it is cold? Do I have to pay more Carbon tax now? I don't like this weather. 

Over-hyped. The way the ■■■■■■ on the main stations were talking you would think it was the end of the world.

Have we never seen string winds before? Has it never been below 10 at 6pm in July?

Over-hyped. The way the ■■■■■■ on the main stations were talking you would think it was the end of the world.

Have we never seen string winds before? Has it never been below 10 at 6pm in July?

Quite a mild winter. 

Quite a mild winter. 

Warmest July on record, globally speaking.

As you say, pretty mild here too.  I had to scrape frost off my windscreen something like a dozen times last winter, not even once so far this year.

I found it was cold in June. Not so much in July. I can’t believe it’s already August. How did this happen?

Well, there goes my weekend. The biggest gum on my property shed its top half in the storm yesterday, and the whole lot is now precariously poised over the fence line and the neighbours driveway, leaning on another tree which is a fair chance to go as well…

Cut 'em down.

You can't trust the bastards.

Think of the Koalas.

Is this global warming but it is cold? Do I have to pay more Carbon tax now? I don't like this weather. 

What you're talking about is climate, not weather, etc.

I love the cold. 

I love the heat.

I love seasons.

Heavy covered snowy mountain with some sun shining on it this morning in Hobart - beautiful

How about Warrnambool, Wangaratta and Warracknabeal let alone Wolloomooloo and Wollongong?

Pinnaroo, Lameroo and Wallaroo.