Bin day today…heaps of rubbish strewn around the streets. Wind blowing crap all over the joint.
Lay off those curries, man.
I just had to drive up the street to the bank, and when I left, the sun was out and I thought I’d be able to get out for a walk afterwards. By the time I got up the street (about a kilometre away), it was black as, and raining. Whoever knew Victorian weather could be like that?
We have had days up here just like that, as black, so dark we have had to have the lights on. Praying for rain which we desperately need. Looks as though it will, even some thunder and lightning and then nothing. All p11ss and wind.
What a stunning day in Melbourne today. Great for being out and about.
But it’s winter and I do like (expect) those grey wet wintery days - hopefully we’ll get some in July.
Now that, …that’s just sick! 
embrace diversity, embrace the diversity of the seasons
Happy to embrace that diversity on the Weekends, and have days like this Mon -Fri.
Some of us don’t work in Air Conditioned Offices., and I’m sure those that do would hate it if that was somehow the case.
Ice to see you
No ones taking me to the cooler.
And so forth
Fark,… I thought it was bloody cold last night.
Just saw it was minus friggin 2 down here,
… unusual for this neck o’ the woods.
superb day in Melbourne
It was freezing early on. And foggy
the fog was nice
yep definitely crisp, but glorious when in the sun
At least it keeps you scabrous lot happy enough not to want to come down here to our perfect weather.
“Early fog” are the two greatest words for a boomerang thrower.
While I’m enjoying the weather personally, it’s a bit of a worry in the longer term. Climate change and all that. All these 16-17 degree days in the middle of winter - I’m noticing a lot of plants are flowering earlier in the year. Couple of days in the high teens and they’re all ‘yay spring is here’ and start to put buds out. For natives etc, that’s a bit of a disaster cos most of them only flower once a year, and if they flower now then they’re not flowering in spring when the pollinating insects have woken up. They’ll seed a lot less under those circumstances, which is not great for the species in the long term. My hardenbergia (which are some rare remnant local genetic variation) are already putting up flower spikes, and a couple of them are actually blooming already - this shouldn’t happen until mid spring. Some plants can self-pollinate if there’s no bugs around - the ones that can’t are going to have a rough time of it.
Is this the place to discuss hail? Mrs hambo is out walking the dog. I don’t think she’s gonna be too pleased. It’s very noisy in my shed.
Yeah. Just got belted down here too.
What’s with the high humidity right now?