The Weather Thread (not allowed to talk about rain)

Thank ■■■■ for that!

Lol.
Still 109 in M-Bark and getting hotter in Horsham!

1 Like

It’s certainly not a great time of the year to be in the Nth of the state.

It’s 43 right now where I am. Evap Cooling not quite doing the trick…

4 Likes

Too humid?

I don’t know, but it’s not making a huge difference…

https://ventlessportableairconditioner.intervalinc.com/air-conditioning/getting-an-evaporative-cooler-to-work-in-humidity/

1 Like

I’ve got it, post about 34° it doesn’t really do ■■■■. I have a 30 year old plus refrigerative AC running atm. My power bill is going to be horrific :expressionless:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s it. I’m terrified to see my bill when it come for us, we have stuff cranking borderline 24/7.

1 Like

Evap cooler destroying the heat today. I did over spec the size of the blower by a fair margin, and it’s paying dividends today.

3 Likes

Foxtel and my modem just quit.
4G and electricity still good though.

1 Like

um nope…
Note: This article is intended to explain how to get an evaporative cooler to produce better results indoors when the interior atmosphere’s humidity is artificially increased by running the cooler. It is not intended to describe how to make such a cooler work when the exterior atmosphere is also already very humid.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re absolute trash in a humid environment, or a couple of days a year in Melbourne. Don’t think you’ll even find a supplier north of the Murray (than inland) that would sell you one and keep a straight face.

43˚ here in Bendigo. No air con. The roof mushroom has carked it.
Fans move the hot air around, to give the illusion of cooling.
This laptop is packing heat, too. I’l have to turn it off to let it cool a little.

Yeah, that will only work if the humidity is not in the very high realms, by equalising the indoor humid level to outside. Will help a bit to a lot dependent on outside level though.

Certainly pointless in sub tropical like conditions, but makes a huge difference to my sons place in Nathalia.

1 Like
  1. Could this be it?!

44˚ now. In old money, that’s 111.2˚F.

Looks like we have a Temp off!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Melbourne Airport was the winner today, having peaked at 46.0

Coldstream is the only site stubbornly holding on, still 41.8 there.

1 Like

We used to figure that evap was good for about 10 degrees benefit (assuming no humidity). So on 43 degree day it might get you down to mid 30’s . Which is still going to feel pretty warm. Of course, if it’s humid, then evap is sometimes worse than nothing.