The Weather Thread (not allowed to talk about rain)

40, predicted to be 28 in half an hour.
Maybe with a storm.
Hope so.

1 Like

My daughter is playing a basketball tournament, starting tonight, Ringwood area. Hopefully temps keep falling.

1 Like

Those basketball/indoor sports complexes heat up so much. I hope they have decent cooling, otherwise it will be very uncomfortable…

1 Like

I’m doing a boomerang demo tonight. Calm the fark down, southerly wind!

1 Like

Yarra Glen always seems to hold the heat (and cold) as well.
Don’t know how as it’s pretty flat and open.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, then it’s pretty good.
My nephew played State there last week.

I can confirm from a Dubbo source that good evap coolers work awesome there.

3 Likes

Take a long time to disperse the heat too, especially if made of brick.

Weird thing is, a heap of high ventilating windows would make a hell of a diff on days like today once the change comes in, … but there’s very few that are designed with them installed.

1 Like

Says 32 now but I sure ain’t feeling it.
Horsham still 100, poor buggers.

27 with light drizzle in Adelaide

Well la di da

Yeah, obviously all me.

2 Likes

how’s the wedding going/went?

On days like this, keep an eye on the bat colony at Yarra Bend, they’re really heatstroke prone. Back in 2014 there was a 4 day heatwave and we lost 5000 of the 26000 in the colony.

Wasn’t too bad today, we lost a handful but the change came through in the nick of time when things were just starting to get bad. Maffra and Bairnsdale colonies really suffered badly though.

4 Likes

38 in Canberra.

Bride fainted during the ceremony. No joke. She was wearing a very heavy dress by the looks of it. Once she was revived they did the rest of the ceremony sitting down with members of the crowd holding golf umbrellas over the bridal party.

So yeah it went as well as expected

5 Likes

You’re the hero Melbourne deserves - but not the one it needs right now

2 Likes

All I know it’s still farrrking hot here in Hobart town - 32 degrees and smokey as all hell. Can’t see the Western shore from my house. Waiting for any sort of cool change to come through, otherwise going to be a hot night.

Hats off to all the fire fighters out there, I don’t know how you do it, but many thanks for the efforts you put in.

6 Likes

A stunningly glorious fabulous sunny blue sky day in Melbourne.

Enjoy

1 Like

My solar panels are loving this weather. I think the power companies aren’t.