The Wrestling Thread

The funny thing is that only a few months ago, Sami was being booed on a regular basis.

They had a Monday night Raw in Canada, and gave him 20 minute headline match…… and he brought the house down, being in his home town.

From then, he’s been getting so much love. The comedic element he brought the Bloodline (who are deadpan) has been absolute genius.

Like Kofi and Bryan before him, the pressure is on to ride the high, and get him the title.

Hogan cant feel his lower body after having surgery removing nerves in his back

proper snorted at this

what on earth

-edit- lmao $180 get fked

I’m not going unless the cannonball in the stomach guy is on the bill.

3 Likes

Romaine is going to get a ‘Cena vs CM Junk in Chicago’ reception at Elimination Chamber in Canada.

1 Like

Cody has already said he’s facing Roman at Mania, so if Sami beats Roman at Elimination Chamber he gets Mania night off?

Will be interesting to see what they do.

Zayn is clearly losing, then he’ll win the tag titles with fat ■■■■ owens at mania to become the gym allergic champions

Yes, this was sooo true, I guess only reason was to explain why she would just lay around while a ton of stuff happened through the mid period

My prediction is that the Bloodline beat down Zayne after the match…… he goes MIA for a month, then comes back at Wrestlemania to sabotage Reigns.

I’ve thought about how they’ll stick the landing as it’s the hardest part to stick.

I’m tipping Sami and Roman have a cracker match, hopefully they give them 30+ minutes and tear the house down. Really emphasize Sami as a future main eventer. Bloodline beat down Sami near the end costing him the win in a dodgy way. Jey Uso runs out to make the “save” for Sami, but turns on him resulting in a big beatdown after the match. Kevin Owens turns up for the real save (homecrowd) to a huge pop, both KO and Sami clear house an they hug etc.

Night 1 main event: Sami Zayn + KO vs Usos for the tag titles. Sami/KO finally beat Usos ending their tag reign. Give them 30+ minutes, tables/chair everything…Feel good story for the faces.

Night 2 main event: Cody vs Roman. I’d have Roman get stuck in the Usos for them losing through the night and being worthless. Usos come to the ring near the end, Roman begs them to help him, and Usos walk out. Cody beats Roman. Double feel good story. Bloodline disbanded.

It’s the rest of the card I worry about.

1 Like

There’ll absolutely be a post match beatdown and Owens will come in for the save.

Only wildcard is the uso who walked out. I’m not sure if he’ll rejoin bloodline and end up in the mania tag with brother against the Canadians, or if he stays against Romaine and Solo takes his place.

They could also go with a triple threat for the main event.

Jerry Lawler has been hospitalised with his 2nd second stroke.

Seems to recovering OK, per this article: Wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler recovering from stroke at Fort Myers hospital

WWE won’t do that because they know the crowd will ■■■■ on Cody and cheer for Sami which is not what they want.

1 Like

nxt is killing it at the moment. so many fun characters/gimmicks.

conversely, feels like aew are spinning their wheels. like, have all the great matches you want, but there’s no reason to care about the outcomes.

1 Like

Edge and Beth the pop they got was nuts that was a really good opening to raw.

Dom yelling “MAMI” was gold had me laughing

I love this new Auska using her Kana gimmick hopefully she dominates now deserve the title at Mania im over Bellair time she drops it

1 Like

That’s Australian ESPN.

TV, plus PPV on (unspecified) delay.

That kick to Gigi’s head at the end.

Brutal.