The Wrestling Thread

I’m looking forward to the next 12 months rotating between McIntyre, Strowman, Shamus, Rhodes, Rollings, Owens, and Zayne getting a beating by Reigns again.

Like clock work.

How do they plan to maintain the interest in this story/belt?

edit the ic title match into yesterday’s show and it’s one of the best manias of all time

then you’re left with today being like the 13th or 14th best backlash of all time

2 Likes

exactly

with some overbooked stipulation match two months later, a la goldberg in 2003

Who’d want to watch more than 5 minutes of Lesnar vs Omos anyway?

1 Like

Reigns wins LOL.

At least Cena had the decency to lose.

Rey is a piece of ■■■■ for mocking Dominic’s dad.

The meaty men slapping meat was awesome.

1 Like

Did they finally pay up to give Cody his rising entrance, or was it just a camera trick?

And then it took Rousey about 5 seconds to win.

But with one of the greatest audibles of all time, with Snoop Dogg replacing Shane McMahon on the fly.

Of course, none of this should ever have happened: why do they hate LA Knight so much?!?

1 Like

mental

-edit- someone made the call for snoop to do a people’s elbow to miz, and they’ve both just gone with it. absolute legends.

2 Likes

The losing champion was smiling broadly for this.

DELIST.

Or at the very least, “send for the Man”.

1 Like

Triple H said that Snoop Dog did it all on his own accord, when he watched Shane go down.

2 Likes

One thing which was evident over the 2 shows was the camera angles during matches…… and capturing wrestlers calling their next moves.

It rarely happens on Raw and Smackdown…. But it was constant during Wrestlemania.

It completely takes you out of the match.

2 of the worst, was Charlotte asking Rhea to change her positioning during a submission move.

And Owens going for a suplex on USO off the top rope, and the camera guy sticks a camera underneath them, and captures Owens calling the next run of moves.

My “favourite” things were the commentators going full face/heel caricatures of themselves. And the way that they made a 5 hour show last 12 hours.

Honestly felt like HHH booked night one and Vince did night two. Having said that, based off of NXT days, Trips loves a heel champ.

Raw will be mental if Roman turns up!

I seen this earlier. Absolutely brutal

I disagree with a few here, I thought both nights were excellent and loved Reigns winning. Fights are supposed to be unpredictable and Cody winning was too obvious.

It was redemption for Reigns who has had a few underwhelming Mania matches with Lesnar and Taker, this was an excellent main event. Had me on the edge of my seat with a lot of a fake out Cody wins. Cody will get a rematch and win down the track, but they probably want Reigns to get to 1000 days as champ first. Overall a fantastic main event, Reigns will now sit along the GOATS of WWE. The bloodline will be an iconic stable in a few decades time.

Cody will get his win down the track, I see they’ve gone for the Cena loses against Rock and gets his redemption route.

btw…my TWA was in reference to Rey Mysterio (Jr in my day) fighting his son.
What a fantastic heel his son is, whoever he is.
Just a wonderful match (yeah, there were a couple of moments that didn’t go smoothly, I wouldn’t say botched, but that really didn’t matter) and, to a layman like myself, a surprising result.

Think that was to protect her because she’s been carrying an injury.

She literally did not feature in that tag match apart from slapping on the armbar and picking up the win. Bazler didn’t really do anything either.

The other 3 teams did the heavy lifting and then got to put over the other team that barely featured in the match.