The Wrestling Thread

NXT will be touring Oz and NZ "soon" - current rumour is it'll replace last year's UK tour in their schedule - so December tour with a TakeOver in Melbourne.
hnnnnnnnnng

Details of the Oz/NZ NXT tour will apparently be announced this weekend according to Triple H in this morning’s conference call to promote the Brooklyn Takeover.

Latest Reddit rumour on that front is dates in Auckland, Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne (+ possibly Brisbane) with a Takeover for sometime between December 10-17, with the likelihood that it’ll be in Melbourne.

Off-screen couple Alberto Del Rio and Paige have both been suspended today for 1st offences of the Wellness Policy (nice bday present for Paige) - presumably for a party drug. Paige has really gone off the rails since hooking up with Del Rio.

Oh man they better come to Bris. Want.

No Bayley and no Sasha = no NXT

However we will get Bobby Roode and his theme music, so there’s that

Seriously, it is the best wrestling theme of all time.

Jury’s still out on it being the greatest song of all time. May go close.

I’m a huge fan of Nakamura’s entrance.

Hmm. It’s a decent Queen song. Entrance? Not sure.

But it’s certainly not Austin Aries’ godawful generic music.

Put them together again and let them draw money, because I struggle to see the WWE putting them over on their own.

Takeover Brooklyn 2 - no home run tier match like a Nakamura/Zayn or Sasha/Bayley but all matches were good. Match of the night personally was Revival vs. Gargano/Ciampa

Roode’s entrance was GLORIOUS - awful finisher though (Road Dogg’s? What was wrong with the Roode bomb?)

Billie Kay looked pretty good in her first big arena match.

No Brisbane date for you @Riolio - have to live with Gold Coast

No word yet on a Takeover but they announced the London one a couple of weeks later than the actual tour dates.

Melbourne venue is Margaret Court Arena as opposed to the usual Rod Laver, Sydney venue is Qudos Bank Arena (would be the biggest arena they’ve held a Takeover in if held there)

Also…

GC will do!

Also I know the site says the lineup subject to change but is this confirmation that Bailey and Nakamura in particular aren’t getting elevated any time soon?

That tag match was some hot fire.

ALSO hot damn Naka’s entrance tho.

Also I really really want that light blue Enzo and Cass shirt but I don’t want to pay $70 to ship it here :confused:

GC will do!

Also I know the site says the lineup subject to change but is this confirmation that Bailey and Nakamura in particular aren’t getting elevated any time soon?

That tag match was some hot fire.

Nakamura I’ve always thought that the earliest they’d call him up would be as part of the usual post-Mania debuts - they’ve also got plenty of guys they need to build/re-build on both brands and bed things down before they call anyone else up - they’ve called up so many people this year for the sake of calling them up when they needed more time in NXT (Apollo, Carmella and Dana are obvious examples).

Bayley is a harder one to read as she’s been there longer than anybody else with the possible exception of Scott Dawson and she was obviously more ready to go up than all of Nia, Alexa and Carmella. Post Brooklyn, Trips tweeted out a ThankYouBayley which could be construed as a sign of an imminent call-up. I really think they need her down there for the next 3-4 months working to develop the next tier like she was doing before Mania (particularly Nia and Alexa), then they can call her up post-Rumble for the seemingly inevitable Sasha-Bayley III Mania match. If they call her up now, that’d just leave Asuka as the sole established woman on the roster + Billie and Ember as the only other 2 women to have won a televised single’s match. By the end of the year, they should have established Billie and Ember as well as Peyton and Nikki Glencross, possibly Liv Morgan whilst giving valuable experience to Aliyah, Mandy Rose and Daria.

Yeah the NXT women’s division seems almost empty already, moreso without Asuka and Bailey. Plus if you elevated those two to SD you’d never see half the SD women again, most of them are ordinary!

But it must be almost impossible to balance, those tag teams last night were better and more interesting than half the Raw/SD tag teams. Have any main roster players been relegated to NXT?

I was really surprised they had Naka win, mainly because it makes Joe’s reign so short. So is Joe being called up or will these two get an ongoing feud?

Lastly watching Austin Aeries is like watching Kyle Langford for me. Feel like I’m watching a different game.

I am inconsolably angry over being out of the country on December 8th.

I may fly to the Sydney show.

Summer Slam… or at least what I can remember it.

Why was the Women’s title the second match? And oh boy the women are putting on better matches these days but they are also regularly supreme botch fests. Suspense for all the wrong reasons.

Why was the World Title match not the last match? Much as I like Ambrose it was ordinary. I wanted to see Dolph make it work too…

AJ/Cena was fantastic. Should’ve been the last match. Put the belt on AJ already.

Why wasn’t Balor and Seth after Roman and Rusev? It was okay but they’re Roman-ing Balor and as much as I like him they’re going to run him into the ground huh. Unless this injury he got is legit.

Why was the women’s six tag match not on the pre-show? Snooze.

Roman/Rusev. What? Also another chance to do a heel turn for Roman but they won’t. Rusev getting wasted, too.

Where was Sami Zayn?

Brock/Orton. If that whole thing was a work then they really wasted it. I get they want to make Brock look ‘too dangerous’ because he’s a ‘real fighter’ but that makes every other single person on the roster, and the whole company, look lame. Could’ve at least had Orton hold his own for a few minutes at first, surely. Rubbish way to end the show.

Seth Rollins has injured another guy.

Gotta feel for Balor though, biggest night of your career, 1 day later needs surgery

Gotta feel for Balor though, biggest night of your career, 1 day later needs surgery

Who else has he injured?

Who else has he injured?

Cena- broke his nose

Sting- hasn’t wrestled since, thought not entirely Rollins fault that one

Balor- out for 6-8 months

Put Sting and Balor out with the same move.

Who else has he injured?

Cena- broke his nose

Sting- hasn’t wrestled since, thought not entirely Rollins fault that one

Balor- out for 6-8 months

Ah ok, completely forgot about when he smashed 'Cena’s nose to pieces!

Sting was pretty much cooked anyway.

Isn’t Goldberg levels on injuring opponents yet but well on his way lol