The Wrestling Thread

You call those two ref-bump squibs good main event endings?

(Yeah, I know Cena-AJ was on much earlier in the show, but no one thinks Titus was in the co-main event.)

The Vegas crowd really didn’t go along with the AJ-Cena story, which had gone surprisingly well to script before this, which hurt the end of the match.

Anyway, I hope AJ wins his fourth feud…

“I’m not a good guy, I’m not a bad guy, I’m the Wellness Policy suspended guy.”

But done such that he misses no PPV! Such convenient timing.

LOL, apparently* melatonin is on the WWE banned list.

• because who can remember all of those similar-sounding drugs?

Very harsh, but I laughed!

Im not a good guy, im not a bad guy. Im just a high guy

Anyone seen the final “deletion” match between jeff and matt hardy. Probably the weirdest thing i have ever seen in wrestling. Very cringeworthy yet i weirdly enjoyed it

The whole thing has been car crash can’t-look-away quality.

Will write about yesterday’s NOAH show at Korauken Hall later (possibly much later!)

Anyone seen the final "deletion" match between jeff and matt hardy. Probably the weirdest thing i have ever seen in wrestling. Very cringeworthy yet i weirdly enjoyed it
Everyone says the same thing about it, so horribly bad that it's wildly entertaining. For those playing at home, Matt Hardy took up this "broken Matt" character that slowly developed a wierd english accent and random facial expressions whilst insisting on calling his Jeff "brother Nero", and so the culmination of their fued as Matt puts it. will be "the final deletion". And my god is it the best thing I've ever seen, it's just so, so bad that I was laughing and finding myself loving it. So many memorable quotes...

“Look a dilapidated boat!”
“Senor Benjamin, prepare the battlefield…for MASSACRE!”

Would highly recommend the Cruiserweight Challenge preview show Bracketology. They’re handling it like a legit sporting tournament with Mauro doing PBP and Daniel Bryan doing special comments.

Great NXT episode this week as well. Best Bliss match I’ve seen and its hard to go wrong with a 25min Revival-Alpha main event.

They acted like he was hiding out at Extreme Rules before the return. Would it really have been a secret from everyone, even Reigns?
It really depends on the particular return/debut/guest spot - in this case no it wasn't a secret - the news Rollins was returning was broken on at least PWInsider before the PPV had started - and whilst I imagine these guys would have some sources on the production staff and in creative, most of their sources are wrestlers - so yes they really do hide guys from the rest of the locker room from time to time to try and prevent leaks. For successful instances with no leaks (Sting, AJ Styles, Jericho's return at the Rumble a few years back) they're hidden from the other wrestlers/staff quite often in the production truck until the last second, and with respect to Jericho's return it was said he only arrived at the arena something like 20-30 mins before appearing. It is probably easiest to do for the Rumble as whilst there are some set spots, 90% of the match is called in the ring and there would be a multitude of ways to get around telling a wrestler that they're getting eliminated by say Jake Roberts.
TM61 go alright, NXT crowd liking them too.
Track down their NXT debut against Gargano & Ciampa if you haven't seen it - best showing of theirs to date IMO.
Anyone seen the final "deletion" match between jeff and matt hardy. Probably the weirdest thing i have ever seen in wrestling. Very cringeworthy yet i weirdly enjoyed it
Everyone says the same thing about it, so horribly bad that it's wildly entertaining. For those playing at home, Matt Hardy took up this "broken Matt" character that slowly developed a wierd english accent and random facial expressions whilst insisting on calling his Jeff "brother Nero", and so the culmination of their fued as Matt puts it. will be "the final deletion". And my god is it the best thing I've ever seen, it's just so, so bad that I was laughing and finding myself loving it. So many memorable quotes...

“Look a dilapidated boat!”
“Senor Benjamin, prepare the battlefield…for MASSACRE!”

The bit where he has jeff up against the ladder and screams delete DELETE, and the bit with the fireworks had me in hysterics.

Just reading the list of wrestlers suing Vince again and King Kong Bundy was mentioned. Was sure that he died years ago.

Thoughts on the draft?

Thought they were going to make RAW superstar heavy and SD just all the ex-NXT guys. Nope, 50/50 new and old for both shows, neither get really strong identities or lists of their own. Shocker.

Draft was about expected tbh. I’d love to see a Finn Balor/Rollins fued. No matter the roster the real test will come with the storylines. If we get more countless shows with random ■■■ tag matches until the final 10 mins it will just be another failure.

Just reading the list of wrestlers suing Vince again and King Kong Bundy was mentioned. Was sure that he died years ago.

Looks like a big list of fisfits, losers and druggies and people that have axes to grind.

Draft was about expected tbh. I'd love to see a Finn Balor/Rollins fued. No matter the roster the real test will come with the storylines. If we get more countless shows with random ■■■ tag matches until the final 10 mins it will just be another failure.

Looks like a big list of fisfits, losers and druggies and people that have axes to grind.

Earl Hebner is on it lol, surely he would of got too many concussions. The rep bumps weren’t that bad.

Apart from Balor and Rollins there is really no reason to watch raw.

Smackdown has by far the better guys imo in terms of who can put on the best matches. Would love to see a AJ vs Bray match. Really hoping the split does Bray the world of good. I so badly want to see him as a babyface- there is huge potential there

Wow Battleground was great.

Crowd went nuts for Bailey. I don’t get it personally but nice swerve after the draft.

New day and Wyatt’s was fantastic.

Sami and Owens are both just awesome. They kind of need to move on but they’re so good together. Can’t wait until it’s them in the title picture.

Enzo. Wow. He’s getting better on the mic. Best since the rock. Might be better than Rocky once he’s done. Did most of the work during the match too. Commentators keep talking about Cass’ singles career but it’s Enzo that could be something. Like Cena being around to elevate them too.

Only good thing out of Rusev’s match was the look he gave Mojo. “What the…?”

Main event was good. Not great. Didn’t expect that finish. The booing of Reigns is on another level. They started booing the second Rollins music started tapering off. Also did he spent his time suspended at the buffet? He looked huge.

One of the best PPV’s of the year. Wonder how they’ll screw up the momentum this time.

Enzo is just the best

“With without ugly in the world, there would be no beauty. So Luke Gallows, thank you for your sacrifices.”

If you haven’t seen it do yourself a favour and watch Cedric Alexander and Kota Ibushi’s match from last night’s Cruiserweight Classic.

NXT will be touring Oz and NZ “soon” - current rumour is it’ll replace last year’s UK tour in their schedule - so December tour with a TakeOver in Melbourne.

Ciampa and Gorgano’s CWC match was absolutely insane.

I refuse to take Dolph Ziggler as a credible challenger after he’s been a “50-50” for about the past 8 years. This same guy that was getting beat by Corbin a month previous.

I refuse to take Dolph Ziggler as a credible challenger after he's been a "50-50" for about the past 8 years. This same guy that was getting beat by Corbin a month previous.

I was reading awhile ago that he wrestled his 276 match or something. Most ever on raw. They did the math and he’d gone exactly 50-50.