The Wrestling Thread

So I guess that means my favourite match of the weekend was Will Ospreay vs Mr Juicy at MCW on Saturday. I’m annoyed that Adam Brooks is off doing dream matches all over the world though.

I don’t want to be seen as a basher, so I’d like to finish on a compliment for WWE: thank you for not using the likes of Pete Dunne and Toni Storm, so come April I can walk ten minutes from home to see them instead. Morons.

The show sucked.

Alexa sucks as champ. Should’ve had her eliminated and have Sasha go heel on Bailey.

Nia sucks.

Didn’t watch the tag match or Wyatt’s.

Men’s match was horrible. Sucked even. Over an hour and almost no need to actually be in the chamber. Could’ve done that match on any episode of RAW.

1 Like

The crowd is going to take an absolute dump on “that” mania match. Please just close the show with styles vs nakamura

AJ/Nak will be on the pre-show.

And I still think WWE has too much time between RR and WM for them not to screw up the build. Nak’s been on tv once since RR.

The post-match beatdown on Reigns was a good call. Mind you, people weren’t booing THAT much for the finisher spam and inauguration.

Spoilers…

After the RR I was looking forward to EC. That was one of the worst PPV’s I have seen. The womens EC match was ok, just ok. I don’t mind Bliss retaining then losing the belt to Asuka in the next month. IMO Jax should have been in the EC, won and Jax/Asuka at WM.

Mens EC was just crap. I like the bar but over their run. The tag belts need to change. Woken Matt is boring as well. They are not booking him well.

Bailey/Sasha will get a WM match after sasha heel turn. Sasha winning.

RR on the mic was really bad… I mean really bad. Sounds like it’ll be HHH/Steph v Angle/RR or Rock/RR… That will be an average match.

RR/Brock will headline. This has been my guess for the last year ever since RR beat Taker.

Cena will get a WM match against Taker. Cena wins, retires.

they were. just turned down for tv

I haven’t watched for ages (like since last wm). Is Reigns a heel yet?

From the moment Reigns rolled Braun back into the ring the crowd was booing. There’s an inevitability about THE BIG DOG that cannot be contained. The match was going entirely one way for an hour and then switched gears for three minutes and ended.

Alexa/Asuka is so not WM-worthy. Alexa hadn’t defended her title since October.

I didn’t mind the women’s EC match. Baffling logic from Sasha but she almost always make silly decisions. Alexa’s post match promo was great. Best “sucked in” turn since Mark Henry.

Tag match was okay. Hardy/Wyatt was ok. Nia/Asuka was good.

The Rousey segment was absolute dogs balls up until drunk Uncle Kurt opened his mouth, then it became brilliant in a silly way.

The men’s EC was total fkn sht. Let’s take one of the biggest faces in the company, have him beat everyone, and then have him lose to someone else that’s supposed to be a bigger face. It’s pretty much how the EC match in 03 played out with Goldberg wrecking everyone only for Triple H to get the win in the end, with the glaring difference being that Triple H was SUPPOSED to be a heel. And now we get to watch a fourth consecutive WM-moment-passing-of-the-torch to Roman.

I like the “old man Cena” angle we’re currently getting.

Yeah mate, I said lose it in March before WM.

My dream women’s matches at mania would be

Asuka V Nia (if we didn’t get it last night) - Raw womens championship
Charolette V Becky (or Shayna Baszler)
Bailey V Sasha

I wonder how many we’re going to get. It looks like he could go for 10 straight at this rate.

Guys must go nuts getting themselves over. Crowd loves Braun, but he’ll be going for the IC title at best from tonight.

Crowd loves Rusev, event chants “Rusev Day”, Shane McMahon says “duly noted” and then doesn’t appear on TV for three weeks.

If you’re not the guy they’ve got a plan for, you’re no chance.

Wrestlemania will need to be seven hours long* to get three women’s singles matches on the main card, even if two of them are part of the nine titles presumably being defended.

Regardless, it was a very weird Sasha/Bayley story told in and after this match — certainly not your conventional heel turn and baby face “chase but never catch till the big match” routine.

*it probably will be!

Watched Ric Flair vs Mick Foley in the I Quit match a few days ago.
Good times.

It’ll be a triple threat for the Universal.
I garruntee WWE didn’t want Lesnar and Strowman 1-on-1 because its not high profile enough. Also to protect Lesnar from getting whooped by Strowman.

No dice. You can’t showcase The Big Dog if he has to share the stage.

Also nice Cena worked shoot promo by Roman on Raw.

So make Strowman look the strongest all year round, but save the big matches for the 60/40 BIG DOG.

Makes sense to me.

I hope we get another title pulling fight for the go-home show like the last time they fought.

1 Like

They have built Strowman up to a point that he’d destroy Lesnar 1-on-1.

It should be a change of the guard match. One which sees the WWE never have a title holder that has a match every three months, ever again.

Lesnar is nolonger the underbeatable, freakshow attraction any more. Time to move on.

There is part of me that likes this “final boss” character that no one can seemingly beat.