Things from Ol' Blitz, we'd luv to get back on New Blitz

Just a few things I’ve noticed missing on the new format that were great on the old board, that IF possible would be great to see back, of course, as / when time & life permits.

(Damned life & family & work & stuff … getting in the way of our petty desires  …  ;))  )

1. Like notifications.

2. User names on likes.

3. Like button at the end of posts.

4. Delete post function.

5. Go to this post button in quoted posts.

6. Home/back to forum category link back under page numbers at bottom of thread rather than under post /comment.window

NEVER

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

how do you change tagline or whatever its called? to the right of display pics?

I’m not entirely sure.

smythyhatesforgettingpasswords

Would love to get back the Jump To Page button for threads.

And also a Search For Members postings feature.

1 Like

Your forgot the most important one. Quote notifications.

The people who want quote notifications clearly don’t get quoted often enough…

My ego misses like notifications, though.

1 Like
Your forgot the most important one. Quote notifications.

Second this.  There also used to be a ‘Preview Post’ function for new posts which I used all the time.

Yes.

7. Preview post button. Forgot that one.

Also. unlimited edit time on posts.

Not sure all these things can be tweaked adjusted or added as plug ins,

but hope they can be & are, during the refinement of Nouveau Blitz.

They were very useful functions of the old board, & if layed into the already obvious

advantages of the new one, we’ll have the best of both & the best Board in all of the footy fandom…

Yes.

They were very useful functions of the old board, & if layed into the already obvious

advantages of the new one, we'll have the best of both & the best Board in all of the footy fandom..

We’ll do that if

You stop randomly
hitting enter like you’re on a typewriter

How about status updates? How else are we supposed to find out how many chicks @riley13  nailed at schoolies?

Unlimited edit time is a thing already.

Yes.

advantages of the new one, we’ll have the best of both & the best Board in all of the footy fandom…

We’ll do that if

You stop randomly
hitting enter like you’re on a typewriter

lol. I’ll try.

I dont

know why

I do that.

Just a few things I've noticed missing on the new format that were great on the old board, that IF possible would be great to see back, of course, as / when time & life permits.

4. Delete post function.

Yes please.

edit time is a thing already.

But only if you hover to find the invisible gear? Which you can’t do on mobile?

I noticed during tonight’s radio 3DJR that posting (on mobile, at least) is different to how it used to be. On Old Blitz when you posted it went and collected any latest posts. On New Blitz it merely updates your screen locally. You need to explicitly refresh to see if anyone else posted recently.

I thought I was very unloved for the first hour or so… apologies if you asked a question during that time.

Other than that, and one moment where I got a black box pop up to tell me of an unspecified error, smooth. That error went away after about three post attempts.

Ummm 8 is it?

Text sizing in comment editor.

DysonThePears

Its proberly been covered but alerts when you are quoted or a post of your gets a like

For Recent Discussions page to act more like the “New Content” page from the old forum. Other then that I am loving the new forum.

Oh, when adding “Recent Discussions” page to your iPhone home screen does anyone else not get the Blitz logo but a screenshot of the page as an icon?