Things from Ol' Blitz, we'd luv to get back on New Blitz

Its proberly been covered but alerts when you are quoted or a post of your gets a like

Working on it.

Its proberly been covered but alerts when you are quoted or a post of your gets a like

Working on it.

Good Man

i like your old stuff better than your new stuff.

Theme that isnā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

This will not be popular but nonethelessā€¦

Old Blitz tempered the ā€˜likeā€™ culture in good ways but still allowed for the inevitable clique factor.

I dont know where the new blitz is going but am unsure how it respects all participants. I am sure it is better for some type of b.blitzers but this site was always about equality of voice and real access for all the EFC faithful. Inception values.

Early days yet but you have to always remember those who frequent and donā€™t post. A moral responsibility to be considered unless it is another ā€˜clubā€™ you wish to create.

This will not be popular but nonetheless..

Old Blitz tempered the ā€˜likeā€™ culture in good ways but still allowed for the inevitable clique factor.

I dont know where the new blitz is going but am unsure how it respects all participants. I am sure it is better for some type of b.blitzers but this site was always about equality of voice and real access for all the EFC faithful. Inception values.

Early days yet but you have to always remember those who frequent and donā€™t post. A moral responsibility to be considered unless it is another ā€˜clubā€™ you wish to create.

I donā€™t think a change of software will effect any of that.

U wot m8?

Is this a complex way of saying people liked having their name/ā€œvote" listed in the likes?

Is this a complex way of saying people liked having their name/ā€œvote" listed in the likes?

Mutual back scratching going on perhaps? A like for a like etc.

FWIW - Iā€™m reasonably new to Blitz (About 16 months) and itā€™s nowhere near as ā€œcliqueyā€ as some other boards Iā€™ve joined in the past, and shortly after left.

Although I canā€™t help feeling left out because Iā€™m not a bicyclistā€¦ :smiley:

Re software: the issue will be format not software and what it sponsors. You know more about where this is headed so i offer a pov. Sorry if that appears to be game.

DJR. The like culture is here to stay. My faculties have that. I just wonder how far sites like this need to bend that way. The best posts are the ones not coming from predictable areas. THat is all i am sayin and what i really liked.; ā€˜likedā€™!!.

Although I can't help feeling left out because I'm not a bicyclist... :D
I was very much the sub-1-percenter at the AGMā€¦

This will not be popular but nonethelessā€¦

Sorry dapto, i read this post 3 times, but I really donā€™t know what youā€™re trying to say. ?

Am curious tho. Could you clarify?

Gimme da like button.

Holy Moly.

Iā€™ve had a few days to play and I like the responsiveness I donā€™t find it as user friendly as the old version, nor does it feel as inclusive.

Kinda feels like weā€™ve packed up and left the country house and moved into a brand new shining city apartment with great views and no soul. I guess itā€™s the vibe :wink:

A reply to: @Reboot regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink
Although I can't help feeling left out because I'm not a bicyclist... :D
I was very much the sub-1-percenter at the AGMā€¦
But you did go the full lycra though.
It also should be noted that I said hello to you outside after the AGM and you totally wiped me. A throw away line to a stranger is all I got.

A reply to: @Bombamick regarding QuoteLink

Bomberblitz needs to take it's hand off and just be a f#cking footy forum. Save all the IT bullshit for the wankers who spend their weekends donning the lycra and ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off motorists.

Actually Iā€™ll give you a non-dismissive reply, because Iā€™m super curious what on earth you mean by the above statement.

Iā€™d love nothing more than to ā€˜take my handā€™ off this forum. There are hosted options out there for forum software but given the wild popularity of Blitz itā€™d cost around $1000/month (thatā€™s USD, too) to run. Spoiler: Google ads wonā€™t cover that. So instead Iā€™m a web designer pretending to be a server admin trying to be a good forum admin.

You may recall old, pre-Saga Blitz. It was running a hacked version of its forum software. When it crashed we lost everything, I was able to scrape out the table of usernames and a few details but that was it. So we needed to run new software which meant a larger (more complex and expensive) server. The version of Blitz I setup after that crashed regularly as you may recall. A few weeks ago it began to crash even more regularly and in worse, more difficult to repair ways than it ever had before. Last crash I was concerned that once again we had lost everything.

And yes, I run my own business. So yes, every time Blitz crashed I had to ā€˜put my hand onā€™ and fix it. That included during work, during games, during family holidays, etc. Iā€™m not looking for sympathy, Iā€™m just trying to make this all crystal clear to an expert who ā€˜posts on a lot of forumsā€™.

So, seeing an opportunity (the freaking off-season for freakā€™s sake) to move Blitz to another forum software I took it. Fortunately I was able to find someone to customise an import script for this forum software, because the previous platform was poorly supported. This platform is more widely supported so if we canā€™t get it to where weā€™d like eventually, there will be WAY more options to move it again. This platform was pretty much our only option. And for now, it appears much more stable than the previous version of Blitz.

Iā€™m not happy with how it looks currently.

Iā€™m not happy with the current lack of a few features.

I am working on an updated theme for the forum.

I am working with a developer to custom create plugins for this platform which will restore the functionality we want (like quote notifications).

I am a cyclist and if I slow you down for 5 seconds of your incredibly busy day on the road Iā€™m not sorry. Deal with it.

Lastly, Iā€™m really thankful for everyoneā€™s patience during this time of transition. My aim is to have it all cleaned up before the season proper begins.

Thank you for your feedback.

A reply to: @Riolio regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Bombers08 regarding QuoteLink
It's definitely great that Neue Blitz hasn't crashed yet. Seriously, good job Riolio =D>

Just one question, lots of people want the old voting/like system. Are you able to change it back? And if so, where is that on your priority list atm?

Cheers.

There is another plugin which seems to have a functionality similar to the old like system, Iā€™m going to trial it on a dev site before launching it on here.
Thanks heaps mate. Appreciate the hard work.

A reply to: @Bombers08 regarding QuoteLink

It's definitely great that Neue Blitz hasn't crashed yet. Seriously, good job Riolio =D>

Just one question, lots of people want the old voting/like system. Are you able to change it back? And if so, where is that on your priority list atm?

Cheers.

There is another plugin which seems to have a functionality similar to the old like system, Iā€™m going to trial it on a dev site before launching it on here.

A reply to: @Bombamick regarding QuoteLink

I post on a lot of forums of variable content and I must say I've yet to encounter a change so unnecessary whilst so self destructive as an ends to some unexplained means. Reminds me of Richard Kingsmills review of Radioheads Kid A as a follow up to OK Computer. He labelled it as "career suicide" and whilst they may have lingered under a cloak of supposed indie credibilty, they were never the same band. "Pssst here's the thing"..."they were ā– ā– ā– ā– "

Bomberblitz needs to take itā€™s hand off and just be a f#cking footy forum. Save all the IT bullshit for the wankers who spend their weekends donning the lycra and ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off motorists.

LOL