Things that make you go "hmmm"

I am doing an overtime shift at one of old stations tonight. I was in the loo just before having a leak and the door was wedged open with a door chock. All male crew so no need for too much decorum.
While I was doing my thing, the door suddenly shut.
I don’t subscribe to hauntings, etc. but there has been talk over the years of some of the older stations being haunted by the ghosts of employees of the past.
It made me go “hmmm”?

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Yeah nah.

2 Likes

I was at the crib, sittin’ by the fireplace
Drinkin’ cocoa on the bear skin rug
The door bell rang, who could it be?
Thought to myself then started to shrug

Got to the door, ding dong, who is it?
My girl’s best friend had payed me a visit
Sly as can be tight dress and all
She knew that I was faithful, I really didn’t have the gall

I tried to chill, she made the move
Now, I know my girlfriend wouldn’t approve
I didn’t realize my girl was settin’ me up
Yo, my girlfriend didn’t trust me, no

Yeah, but she lost control, I wouldn’t take the bait
I said, “Chill baby, baby chill baby, baby wait”
My girl bust in, caught us creatin’ a boom
She said, “Girlfriend”?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hold me, … I’m scared.

Maybe it was one of the other guys silently removing the wedge as a prank, as you’d hardly be looking behind you while you were doing your thing. :thinking:

1 Like

Busted! EDM lover!

5 Likes

Nope. They were doing start of shift checks and I could hear all 3 of them talking.

I’m sure it was something simple like the movement of air as I walked passed being enough to make the door move a loosely placed door chock.

I like watching clips online about Bigfoot and aliens, ghosts and unknown creatures and this moment gave me a chuckle as I imagined how much I could sensationalise it if I were that way inclined.

If my “movement of air” was impressive enough to slam a door shut I’d be on here bragging too.

7 Likes

I love all that too, and being a rationalist I love debunking all that “mysterious” stuff.

That said, if you didn’t inadvertently move it, I’d say it was definitely aliens messing with you.

1 Like

Rational thinking suggests the wedge is left there because that door moves itself.

But I agree. It was aliens.

As a general rule i’d say I don’t believe in ghosts, nessy, bigfoot, UFO’s etc but I did see some security camera footage from a pub I know & have drank at many times. The footage was straight from the hard drive, didn’t in any way seem doctored & it wasn’t widely released so I can see no motivation at all for anyone to create it even if they could. I’ve known the person who showed it to me for year & they aren’t into that type of stuff & again haven’t tried in any way to exploit the footage. Basically it shows a blurry “something” kinda human shaped but you couldn’t make out any features & you see it move back & forth along the bar & at one stage passes through the bar itself. I simply can’t explain it. Not saying its convinced me but its certainly makes you go hmmmmm.

3 Likes

Interesting. Was it an insect crawling across the camera lens? When it moves through the bar itself it may be an optical illusion…?

The perspective of the camera and position etc can distort images.

…failing that…alien.

Or a ghost.

Absolutely. No other real explanation

In a bar wouldn’t it be a spirit??

12 Likes

I have to say that I’m just hugely impressed at seeing the word ‘chock’ used in a Bomberblitz thread.

As a result, I’m taking the rest of the day off.

2 Likes

1 Like

Tape as in actual tape?

Ancient history now, but when you used to record over a VHS enough times, you would get “ghosting”.