Things yer little uns say

Bloody hell! Well done you.

People can be so ■■■■.

1 Like

Been playing Mermaids with the Barbie Mermaids, the last hour in the bath with Miss ASB 4 year old

“Ben you have had too many beers” was the comment

2 Likes

We’ve got an Au Pair arriving at the start of September.

Discussed picking her up from the airport and whether to take the kids or not as it’s late on a Friday.

Asked the kids if they wanted to meet her at the airport and of course they did.

So started talking about them making her a welcome sign.

Do you want to make her a ‘Welcome to Australia’ sign - I asked.

Miss 7 yo - “No - let’s make her a ‘Time for the fun to begin” sign! :joy:

10 Likes

On Friday night I took the family out for dinner on before the Bombers gave up their finals chances to that rabble from Sydney. As we walked past the Flower Drum I said to Zac, who is 14. That is where people go to celebrate if your horse wins the Melbourne Cup or if you are celebrating something big. Maybe we can go there if you win the Grand Final this year. His response was. “Awesome!.. is it a strip club?” I don’t know what is worse… that he thinks I celebrate by going to strip clubs or that he thinks I would take my 14 year old to one…

16 Likes

How’s his team going, now that he’s got the added incentive?

GF next week… looks like it is the flower drum followed by strippers!

1 Like

The thing is… had he not said that to me… and i took him to thr flower drum… imagine how disappointed he would have been to see chinese food!!

2 Likes

I did something the other day - can’t remember what but the wife says the old chestnut - Lucky Dad did what he was told.

Miss 7 yo pipes up and says - “But what if Dad didn’t do what you told him”?

Mum: “Well he’d be dead.

Miss 5 YO - “Dad’s not dead - he’s just old!’”

3 Likes

My best mate was getting bullied when we started high school as he was pretty small compared to all the other kids. I remember him getting his school books knocked out of his hands and kicked down the hall at the end of the day when everyone was at their lockers. The dickwad that did it had his back turned to me, so I dacked him. There he was in the middle of the hallway in front of about 200 kids with his pants around his knees and his tiny junk swinging in the breeze.

We never had any problems after that. Nothing brings down a bully like metaphorically or literally having their pants pulled down in front of everyone. I’ve told my kids to point and laugh when a bully says anything nasty to them. Also to add something like “man, you must be thick as a hammer if you think this gives you power!” and to keep laughing. Bullies only have power if you give them the reaction they want. My son is a total school band nerd anyway, so he only hangs out with other band nerds, and my daughter has a really good bunch of friends that are in a big enough group to not be targeted. I’ve also told them about not being a bystander as well.

3 Likes

One of my highschool friends little brother was a scrawny looking kid and early on in his highschool days got picked on by someone.

What they didn’t know was he was a state level representative in some form of martial arts. Proceeded to flog the absolute living daylights out of whoever was bullying him.

Don’t think anyone was game enough to try again.

3 Likes

Nice. Good suggestions.

Love it, they copped their right whack.

First thing Monday,

Me: Good morning LMASB

LMASB: It’s not Fathers Day anymore (goes back to playing with toys)

13 Likes

Took Hurley to the Park after work, full of Families and kids, all the the little kids ran up to myself and Hurley 5 years and under, wanting to help throw the ball.

One kid about 5 years old said “I want a dog so bad but my Mum is allergic to hair”, then says “I hope she passes away so I can get a dog”

I was just no…no that its wrong, maybe a dog with a short hair or something WOW

2 Likes

Wow a kid aged five said “ passes away” ! Intelligent toddlers in Tassie.

1 Like

the resident bully in Miss 11’s year got stabbed in the arm with a pair off scissors by another student who had had enough. i wouldn’t recommend it obviously, though the stitches do seem to have curbed the bully’s behavior.

I did pause a moment. Not good, but I suspect the bully won’t bully again.

1 Like

What happened to the stabber?

suspension, now being home schooled, suspect she has issues of her own.

1 Like

Sad this happens all round.

2 Likes