Thoughts for a fellow Bomber Supporter with Lymphoma

Really very happy for you, friends and family. Fantastic. Live every moment.

2 Likes

Another update things are going well for fellow workmate and Bomber supporter, I was talking to him today and he is pumped for tonights game. His text;

completed a blood test Wednesday and got the all clear to undertake Chemotherapy session number-7 yesterday (In a total of 12-sessions). All went to plan and luckily I’m feeling relatively few side effects.

Not much sleep last night - likely due to the large amount of steroids they pump into me additional to the Chemo but at least I got to watch all of the cricket. Go Aussies. And there’s a bit of a heartburn thing happening, it actually hurts to swallow hot drinks.

Of the four chemicals injected into me at each Chemo session, the one that is responsible for the peripheral neuropathy nerve damage has been cut back to a half dosage and the pins and needles in my fingers and toes hasn’t as yet today deteriorated any further. I have hope that it will in fact improve. Hopefully, hopefully the slight nerve damage isn’t permanent.

At the time of typing, I have heard from HR on Wednesday asking if I’m ok to do a Cat-1 medical (yes) but I’ve heard nothing else back from anyone at in regards to a partial return to work. Dr. xxxx has given the return to work plan his blessing and it’s now with xxxxx. One assumes the wheels are turning.

Yep I’m going stir crazy sitting at home waiting for each 2nd Thursday’s Chemo session and for your mirth, I now have about 5-hairs per eyebrow and no eyelashes. Bald as.

I know it’s perverse, but I wish I could be with you back at work. Well, part time anyways, as health and medical appointments allows.

Y’all stay safe, well and healthy out there. Whoever thought you’d miss work?

Regards
Kimpo.

4 Likes

Good to hear

Housekeeping - I think it would probably be a good idea to delete names (doctors and employers).

Would like to send you some money to give you a hand with your expenses. Every little bit helps. I’m not sure how to go about this what do you suggest?

Thank you!

… Casey Jones.

Also let your mate know there are options for the hair loss - scalp coolers (literally a fridge running through a hat, apparently much of the hair loss is caused by increased temp to the hair follicles)

And the tattooing is ■■■■■■ good these days for eyebrows. You can some (maybe most? not sure) of it back on medicare?

1 Like

Thanks its a workmate and the company is helping and everything is good, he did miss a trip to Vietnam he had planned for this time. No need to send money at all, all he would want is Essendon to win tonight, and he loves the club like you and I. So just keep supporting The Bombers and that would be the best help :wink:

I have him coming back next week on light duties, and back with a train driver, it will be a win win as I need to get the other driver accreditation in his area ( he had it previously so just a refresher). So will have two on the train and if things are not going well can get him off the train. He is just happy to return to work.

2 Likes

Okie Dokie. Thumbs up for you mate. We are all rooting for you.

Time flies

Old mate is doing well, caught up with him at the Bombers game at Utas against the Hawks, ripping day, working hard on the shift work the last 2 years all good, looking really healthy and enjoying life.

Just a good story all round

32 Likes

Great news mate. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thats great news. I missed this thread when it started but have just read through. Old mate does sound like a bomber legend!! Got a good friend who beat non hodgins but now unfortunately the bastid c is in his brain. Seems that, apologies to younger sufferers, but once you reach middle age then everybody knows someone close diagnosed with some form of the disease.

2 Likes