Tim Membrey

Can't find a thread on here anywhere else, so I start this one. It would be so great to get Membrey into our forward line, would be a great player at senior level anywhere else but Sydney and he knows how to kick goals- 104 in the past two NEAFL seasons. Considering we lacked avenues to goal for parts of the 2014 season, to pick up him and Jeff Garlett would add real depth and versatility to our forward line. I really like the look of both and hope that we can pick them up in trade period. 

It seems the Bulldogs and Essendon are the two leaders in the race for Membrey at the moment... http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/victorian-forward-tim-membrey-requests-trade-with-essendon-and-western-bulldogs-in-hunt/story-fn69a32t-1227077570836?login=1

I read somewhere that he was a big Essendon supporter growing up, so hopefully he has a soft spot for us and it swings him in our direction. 

#RecruitMembrey

What is he worth? Would pick 50 do it?

Anyone that wants to come to the club at this point in time is an absolute bonus, I think we're keen to hold onto draft picks, but I'd definitely be happy to give up our third rounder.

I'm sure it also depends on what picks we get through trade.

What is he worth? Would pick 50 do it?

I would say no chance in hell
EDIT: whats his contract status? If he's out of contract they may take whatever is offered

I am unsure, I hope pick 50 would do it. He is meeting with 'a clutch of Victorian clubs' in the next two days, so lets hope we can sweet talk him. 

Lacks a little pace and needs to learn to find space, but can kick a football. If we can get him for a lateish pick why not.

Is he the kid with the ■■■■ tatt- Palm tree or something?

Pass

fog talking about him on twitter

Emma Q on twitter saying that he's more likely to go to St Kilda.

Still, very early days...

I have no Membrey of him.

Is he the kid with the **** tatt- Palm tree or something?
Pass

You must be on the EFC board, sighting irrelivant crap as a reasons for club decisions
BTW swan, beams, jones, clark, martin and dempsey all say hi

Can't find a thread on here anywhere else, so I start this one. It would be so great to get Membrey into our forward line, would be a great player at senior level anywhere else but Sydney and he knows how to kick goals- 104 in the past two NEAFL seasons. Considering we lacked avenues to goal for parts of the 2014 season, to pick up him and Jeff Garlett would add real depth and versatility to our forward line. I really like the look of both and hope that we can pick them up in trade period. 

It seems the Bulldogs and Essendon are the two leaders in the race for Membrey at the moment... http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/victorian-forward-tim-membrey-requests-trade-with-essendon-and-western-bulldogs-in-hunt/story-fn69a32t-1227077570836?login=1

I read somewhere that he was a big Essendon supporter growing up, so hopefully he has a soft spot for us and it swings him in our direction. 

#RecruitMembrey

Just for a point of comparison Cleve Hughes kicks 80 every year and Eddie Sansbury kicked 60 this year.

Take out the GWS & Swans reserves the NEAFL is roughly halfway between division 1 of a good suburban league & VFL standard.

I have no Membrey of him.

Not tall, slow, and vanilla as all get out.

Will fit in.

Pick #50 seems more than fair. He was a mid to latish pick who has failed to crack more than a handful (only 1?) AFL matches.

Would anyone actually be even vaguely interested if he wasn't looking for a job?

People here wanted Ben McKinley too.

And it’s not a high priority. Our issue isn’t taking marks, it’s small forwards. Sure, he’s under 190cm but he plays tall. With Carlisle & JD settling in taking marks isn’t what we’ll struggle with.

Pick #50 seems more than fair. He was a mid to latish pick who has failed to crack more than a handful (only 1?) AFL matches.

I'd say we have a lot of guys on our list who wouldn't get even 1 game at the swans

I think he slid in the draft. I would've still been keen, and am very keen to draft him. 

And it's not a high priority. Our issue isn't taking marks, it's small forwards. Sure, he's under 190cm but he plays tall. With Carlisle & JD settling in taking marks isn't what we'll struggle with.

I don't get the point of him at all.

I look at our forward line and about the last thing I tihnk we need is a mid-size mid-role mid-pace mid-everything.

And it's not a high priority. Our issue isn't taking marks, it's small forwards. Sure, he's under 190cm but he plays tall. With Carlisle & JD settling in taking marks isn't what we'll struggle with.

I don't get the point of him at all.
I look at our forward line and about the last thing I tihnk we need is a mid-size mid-role mid-pace mid-everything.
He certainly wouldn't be a high priority but would still be very handy depth at worst imho