Time to sit the affected boys out

FFS - This bloke writes a letter to CAS on July 3 (likely Saturday our time):

“Gun US anti-doping lawyer Richard Young, acting for WADA in its appeal against the players and Dank, has written to the Court of Arbitration for Sport asking for the Dank case to be put on hold until the former Bombers sports scientist declares whether he will appeal his AFL lifetime ban…Following the Young letter of July 3, CAS wrote to other parties asking them to state their position by today” (our time now) -
“A party’s silence in this respect will be deemed acceptance of WADA’s request,” the CAS letter said.

“In the event of an objection, such request will be referred to the President of the Appeals Arbitration Division.”

The AFL has not opposed WADA’s stay application.

No wonder the boys were way off the mark on Sunday - they would have heard on Saturday from their legal counsel and player managers of Richard Young’s delaying tactic…

P*** off AFL and WADA and CAS!!!

Time to let the players and coaches work through their own issues their own way and stop telling them what to do from the couches and stadium seats and maybe just offer support, not demands?

They are paid top dollar to play footy. Jeez, you would think they are returning from a deployment in Afghanistan the way some of you carry on.
You don't have to go to a warzone to get PTSD.

Looks like Jobe is out for the rest of the season - shoulder (in Jobe Watson thread) :frowning:

Don't force them to sit out, but I'm not against giving them the option. Dress it up as an injury, or form slump, or just trying something different at the selection table.

This. Give them the option to sit out if they feel they either need a break or cant perform at their best.

If they choose to play and continue to serve up the current rubbish- the saga shouldnt be used as an excuse

If they choose to sit out, they still get paid what they normally would

i’m 50 50 on it

it’s the same as a psyhical injury, if they want to play even though they shouldn’t, 9 times out of 10 they’ll say they are right to play. can only imagine it’s the same in this situation despite the obvious fact we can see the players who are struggling the most.

Think the ones who are struggling the most onfield should be given 2-3 weeks of mandatory and then given the option if they want to stay away then so be it, if they want to come back that’s fine too.

something has to be done though, the work being done behind closed doors is not helping in the 2 hours it matters most, so now the 2 hours it matters most have to be on the table as a different path to take to try and help them through things.

At a rough estimate i’d say
Hurley
hooker
bags
maybe Hepps

are the only ones who should stay at present, maybe one or two more but the rest should be given time off, well whoevers left that isn’t injured.

1 down, 33 to go

1 down, 33 to go

33? its a lot less than that isn’t it?

I’m feeling a run of season ending injuries will be declared from here on. Bring on the Irish.

1 down, 33 to go
33? its a lot less than that isn't it?
It's still enough we couldn't reasonably field an AFL team without them.

Well done Bombers. Nicely done.

Now how many more will need a shoulder done…

1 down, 33 to go

33? its a lot less than that isn’t it?

Don’t have to be one of those charged to be affected by this god awful mess.

Mental Health is not a black and white thing and everyone is different.

What Paul said above was bang on. I can’t bag players at the moment because I just feeling nothing but sadness for them.

The AFL are a pack on contemptible farkwits who I will never shed a tear for. They have washed their hands of the players, despite being their legal employers. If this isn’t an OH&S failure on the part of the AFL, not sure what is.

We should literally hold every player that is named in the case by WADA due to stress and then just send out a team that’s short or forfeit.
They can’t fine us if we’re short because of stress, we get a better pick and it raises serious questions about how WADA and ASADA have been nothing but ■■■■ stains in their continuous delaying tactics.