Times when you were a 'Winner' or 'winning' in life

I won a national talent contest at age ~7, wearing an orange and white chequered shirt and matching tie. With green cords. Singing a god-awful song, that I swear I never knew the words to. With my sister - duet. Yes, really.

How far you’ve come

I won a national talent contest at age ~7, wearing an orange and white chequered shirt and matching tie. With green cords. Singing a god-awful song, that I swear I never knew the words to. With my sister - duet. Yes, really.

How far you’ve come

hahahahahaha
well, about 8 years after all that, I won national silver at U15 longjump, & bronze U15 100m. So …a bit less geeky :slight_smile:

How far you’ve come

hahahahahaha
well, about 8 years after all that, I won national silver at U15 longjump, & bronze U15 100m. So …a bit less geeky :slight_smile:

Amazing what you can achieve if your parents give the judges enough cash.

How far you’ve come

hahahahahaha

The road to blitz is paved with success

How far you’ve come

hahahahahaha

Amazing what you can achieve if your parents give the judges enough cash.

Yeah except by that age I had only one parent who kinda disappeared, and was fending for myself…

I licked a lamb brain and won tickets to a timberlake concert. Wife was happy… poor bloke who competed the day before had a to lick an armpit.

On video games, we used to use a Piezo ignitor, ( the sparker clicker thing that you press to light a gas stove) to rack up endless free games. You place it on the coin slot, press the button a few times, and you’d get a random amount of free games.

Happy times.

Hint: don’t get caught.

One video games, we used to use a Piezo ignitor, ( the sparker clicker thing that you press to light a gas stove) to rack up endless free games. You place it on the coin slot, press the button a few times, and you'd get a random amount of free games.

Happy times.

Hint: don’t get caught.

That is awesome.

Ok, who remembers this - instead of dialling (literally, dialling) on an old phone, you could, if you had good timing, quickly tap out the numbers on the hang-up buttons (technical name) to call a number. As a kid, i thought this circumvented charge., Not sure if it actually did, though. And lots of wrong numbers :)

Pulse dialing, when the old rotary dial phones existed, you could tap out the numbers fast like you say, (10 times for zero) Mum had a physical key lock on the phone at home. 5 boys single mum, she had to, but We hacked it. I went on to become a phone tech later in life.

Ta.
So Mr Phone Tech - please tell me I scammed the phone company and got free calls, please?

Sorry, not free

Ok, who remembers this - instead of dialling (literally, dialling) on an old phone, you could, if you had good timing, quickly tap out the numbers on the hang-up buttons (technical name) to call a number. As a kid, i thought this circumvented charge., Not sure if it actually did, though. And lots of wrong numbers :)

Pulse dialing, when the old rotary dial phones existed, you could tap out the numbers fast like you say, (10 times for zero) Mum had a physical key lock on the phone at home. 5 boys single mum, she had to, but We hacked it. I went on to become a phone tech later in life.

Ta.
So Mr Phone Tech - please tell me I scammed the phone company and got free calls, please?

Sorry, not free

dammit

I was at the Melbourne Show and they had Hirdy on stage for a kids handball competition when he was in his early 20s… I would’ve been maybe 13 or 14 and a long line of kids queue off the stage. After eliminating the complete gumps there were probably 20 left… Hirdy started chatting to me - ‘who do you barrack for?’ - the Bombers!

A few more were eliminated and up comes my turn and Hirdy says “come on mate, do it for the Bombers”… YESSS!!! ANYTHING YOU WANT!!! :slight_smile:

…until I miss one of the smaller targets and some little redhead kid only just makes the distance and takes the win - D’OH…

The winning feeling didn’t last long, but it was ■■■■■■ amazing - all due to the great man himself.

Had to fight off millions and millions and millions of other s p e r m cells to get to the ovaries first…I won!!!

ROFL

I won school shot put. I weighed 30kgs at the time.

The shot put ball was heavier than you !

Shot put is a weird sport.

Presumably it has it’s origins in ancient Greece where individuals who could lift and propel heavy things at the enemies of Greece were considered to be of value. Funny how things evolve.

Shot put is a weird sport.

Presumably it has it’s origins in ancient Greece where individuals who could lift and propel heavy things at the enemies of Greece were considered to be of value. Funny how things evolve.

I dunno how much I’d be spinning around and hurling a ball of iron at an advancing spearman, to be honest. Give me a javelin instead.

Had to fight off millions and millions and millions of other s p e r m cells to get to the ovaries first....I won!!!!!

if you got to the ovaries you went too far.

I won school shot put. I weighed 30kgs at the time.

Confused … were you the putter … or the shot?

Always wanted to get promoted to a position where someone does my expenses for me.

Achieved that a while ago.

Not much left to tick off the career milestones.