Tippa 5.0

Essendon doesn’t have the guts.

Was a tad comical we had to wait for the last quarter of the last game to see him play dedicated midfield. Which he did very well at.

Would have been nice to see him get a chance to show he could sustain that previously…

If we are ever going to be creative with our drafting this would be the year. I'd pull the trigger for sure with a late pick or as a rookie.

Was a tad comical we had to wait for the last quarter of the last game to see him play dedicated midfield. Which he did very well at.
Would have been nice to see him get a chance to show he could sustain that previously...

Maybe the club didn't want to put him in the shop window with our lack of draft picks. We had a few stolen from Bendigo over the years before we could take them.  

Conspiricy theory we might draft Tippa #1
there are currently 2 numbers between 1 and 47 not issued at the club this year. 13 and 42
All VFL listed players were given numbers 48 and above.
Tippa was given 42. Natrats number. I have a feeling that may have been for motivation.

I'd thought the same at the start of the year.
Dunno what if anything will come of it though. Missing so much time with that ankle injury (after being deliberately clotheslined by that vicious old farker Hudson) really put a handbrake on his year, probably hampered him from developing either the fitness base or the consistency of possession that he and the coaching staff would have been hoping for.
I've been following the guy since his underage year in the TAC Cup (under the captaincy of some bloke called Heppell...), and I'd love us to draft him, but after all this time I've given up hoping it'll happen.
I know they love the bloke. He works for the club. He deserves it. He has done everything they have asked of him

there are currently 2 numbers between 1 and 47 not issued at the club this year. 13 and 42
Tippa was given 42. Natrats number. I have a feeling that may have been for motivation.

Dunno what if anything will come of it though. Missing so much time with that ankle injury (after being deliberately clotheslined by that vicious old farker Hudson) really put a handbrake on his year, probably hampered him from developing either the fitness base or the consistency of possession that he and the coaching staff would have been hoping for.
I've been following the guy since his underage year in the TAC Cup (under the captaincy of some bloke called Heppell...), and I'd love us to draft him, but after all this time I've given up hoping it'll happen.
I know they love the bloke. He works for the club. He deserves it. He has done everything they have asked of him

thats good to hear

Come in guys social media campaign!!

Everybody with a twitter account bombard the players, coaches and club accounts with a #drafttippa, pics, highlights in weekly posts then daily in the lead up to the draft.

If it works will add to the cult hero status.

Can’t hurt to try!

GET HIM!

Speed and flair, its what we lack.

works?

in what capacity other than VFL player

works?

in what capacity other than VFL player

He's in some sort of indigenous development/community role if I remember right. 

Everybody with a twitter account bombard the players, coaches and club accounts with a #drafttippa, pics, highlights in weekly posts then daily in the lead up to the draft.
Can't hurt to try!

the only harm is if other clubs list managers get excited too.

There really should be a system similar to father son that players who get developed in your reserves you get first dibs on. At least for the fookie draft if the don't get picked in the main draft.

Sells more candy than Willy Wonka.

GET HIM!

Is Tippa actually that quick?

Or is he just quick compared to our list now?

GET HIM!

Great first few steps & change of direction - 'plays' quick.

Not sure how he'd go in an extended sprint down the wing against a super speedster (like Stephen Hill or the Collingwood Irish bloke) as his legs are about 6 inches long.

#tippatime

GET HIM!

Great first few steps & change of direction - 'plays' quick.

Not sure how he'd go in an extended sprint down the wing against a super speedster (like Stephen Hill or the Collingwood Irish bloke) as his legs are about 6 inches long.

Yeah, he looks quick off the mark and has plenty of agility so he has tools to work with. But in terms of pure speed over distance he looks more in the Merrett catagory than the Colyer one.

GET HIM!

Is Sam Mitchell quick

Quick enough to get in range for the tackle… and then you‘re eating dirt, sucker.

Can't hurt to try!

the only harm is if other clubs list managers get excited too.

There really should be a system similar to father son that players who get developed in your reserves you get first dibs on. At least for the fookie draft if the don't get picked in the main draft.

Exactly, we really just should shut up about him, & let the club do what it's going to do.

We have no idea what they have afoot.

Fully agree on 1st dib's for guys developed in the 2's as well.

Said it myself last year.

GET HIM!

Haven't you seen the gif? He is about 3 and a half times faster than Colyer.