Tippa

Yep, transform him into a fwd (again) and sign him up on the rookie list.

Fantastic story btw.

I must be old (as the young Humbles tell me) but when I was playing, playing in a position was a really good way to learn how to play in that position.

He says himself that he has played as a defender since TAC. If they thought his best chance of making a career at AFL level was as a forward, that’s where he would be playing now.

True, we did chop Dylan Van Unen at the end of the year leaving only Ashby, Dalgliesh, Gleeson, Dempsey and Fantasia (really?!) as our half back flankers on the cusp of selection.

BRING TIPPA IN AS HBF’ER!

True, we did chop Dylan Van Unen at the end of the year leaving only Ashby, Dalgliesh, Gleeson, Dempsey and Fantasia (really?!) as our half back flankers on the cusp of selection.

You forgot Browne.

You forgot Browne.

Aylett and Edwards too.

You forgot Steinberg as a big HBFer… 'Cause at least all of those others get to play out of the backline at times!!!

In all seriousness, I think putting him at half back and allowing him to run in straight lines towards goal and to be creative as well as be accountable for an opponent is good for his development. I just think if we were to draft him I would hope that it would be mainly in a role forward of centre as we are lacking in this area.

pick him up!

#drafttippa2015

You forgot Steinberg as a big HBFer… 'Cause at least all of those others get to play out of the backline at times!!!

and HARDINGHAM

for ■■■■■ sake draft him NOW!!

Can we teach him how to duck? At that height if he played like Lindsay Thomas he’d get thirty frees a game

To me he’s a midfielder. HBF is about increasing his running power. Once he has that at a level he should be in the middle. His strength to me looks to be winning the ball in congestion and making things happen when he has it. That and making his opponent hurt if he doesn’t have it.

Maybe I’m way off, but I want him around the ball when it’s on the ground. And the best place to do that is in the middle.

BRING HIM IN

WNTPHUF

To me he's a midfielder. HBF is about increasing his running power. Once he has that at a level he should be in the middle. His strength to me looks to be winning the ball in congestion and making things happen when he has it. That and making his opponent hurt if he doesn't have it.

Maybe I’m way off, but I want him around the ball when it’s on the ground. And the best place to do that is in the middle.

Hmmm, … when the modern mid is hitting heights of 190 & beyond, EFC turns it on it’s head & heads down the mini mid path.

Lateral thinking Hirdy!

FWIW, I can barely remember any cases when he's been a defender, been out marked, and I've thought "if only he was that bit taller".

I appreciate the AFL is the VFL on steroids [ASADA ASADA ASADA, I invoke thee], but at VFL level it is a non-issue. His core power, bursts of speed, and nous has the height well covered.

And he has accumulated well this year compared to previously. Not going missing.

At the game on the 16th I noticed a couple of times that TIPPA was outsized in an aerial contest but was able to keep a half-step of clearance and then jump with perfect timing to affect the spoil.

The only way Tippa is making the EFC side is as a small small forward.

Doesn’t have the height for the backline. Doesn’t have the endurance for the midfield.

If I’m Tippa I’m asking the coaches to play me in the forward pocket / HFF each and every week. I’m trying to kick a goal, or get credited with a goal assist every time I touch the ball, regardless of how many times they catch me. I’m trying to hurt the opposition player when they have the ball, without giving away free kicks. And I’m feeling awesome about myself cos I look amazing, have skillz to burn, and will be a superstar back home (and just in general) if I can make a career of footy.

If I’m Tippa, I’m running, running, running to increase my endurance and ability to get back behind the ball quickly. I want to show the coaches that I’m working as hard as possible and listening to exactly what they tell me. I want to make them know I can do the hard yards and that I can cut the mustard.

Of course, he may be doing that already. From what I read, he is making loads of improvements. Keep it up. It’s his biggest opportunity.

To me he's a midfielder. HBF is about increasing his running power. Once he has that at a level he should be in the middle. His strength to me looks to be winning the ball in congestion and making things happen when he has it. That and making his opponent hurt if he doesn't have it.

Hmmm, … when the modern mid is hitting heights of 190 & beyond, EFC turns it on it’s head & heads down the mini mid path.

Lateral thinking Hirdy!

Still plenty of smallish mids going around. As an age similar example someone like Prestia is not that much bigger. It’s not like Tippa has Gleeson’s build. If he can hold his own in strength and running power then the height won’t hurt him much in that role.

Would love to see him picked up but i think at this point its a pipe dream
If we were going to pick him up surely we would have at least rookied him by now

Would love to see him picked up but i think at this point its a pipe dream If we were going to pick him up surely we would have at least rookied him by now

I’d agree with that.