Tippa

Id love to see Petrenko, Edwards and Tippa work magic in our forwardline.
Would bring me back to the Jetta/Davey days.

Will kick a goal, from a running play out of the back pocket.

There will be a shimmy, there will be candy sold, there will be a blind turn and a lazy snap to finish.

Quoted Post

Id love to see Petrenko, Edwards and Tippa work magic in our forwardline. Would bring me back to the Jetta/Davey days.

I think we need to aim higher…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Id love to see Petrenko, Edwards and Tippa work magic in our forwardline. Would bring me back to the Jetta/Davey days.

I think we need to aim higher…

Long senior and Wanganeen days?

should be keeping this info under wraps IMO!!!

Sounds like a top young man.

Been really impressed with Tippa this year, can see what all the hype is about. Hope he continues to develop this year and be given a chance in 2016.

Lots of talk and bandwagon action but until the telecast improvements in VFL coverage he was still unknown to me. Seems to be strong, evasive and a good user of the footy. Only issue i can see is his height on a HBF at AFL level but we dont need another HB flanker so his learning curve can continue for a run up forward as a crumber in 2016 in the big time.

Good luck Tippa, its a great story and one i hope yhe EFC continue to enbrace and reward.

All the best Tippa.

If he ends up somewhere else next year (probs bloody hawthorn) I’LL SPEW UP!

Onya Tippa… Keep it up mate! Look forward to seeing him play live some time this year…

I didn’t rate him at all on prior years’ performances.

But this year he is winning me over.
It is the clean hands, and the acceleration.

Only concern is the height and endurance.

Would he be ‘defensively capable’ enough as a defender in the AFL? i.e. There seems no doubt he would be an asset offensively as a half back but would he be good enough in the air? Accountable for his opponent? I remember they trialled Leroy Jetta as a half back almost as a last ditch resort towards the end of his career but it was never going to work cos he was hopeless in the air and not all that accountable. Leon Davis was transformed into a running defender successfully.

TIPPA. BELIEVE.

He has played a huge slab of his career as a small forward…and we are crying out for one of these. We know he can kick a goal (VFL goal of the year 2014). He has initial speed and tackles hard and makes them hurt.

Could it be possible that TIPPA could be what we are after?

TIPPA = rookie list for next year?

PS why do we try and turn everyone into a HBF?

TIPPA. BELIEVE.

He has played a huge slab of his career as a small forward…and we are crying out for one of these. We know he can kick a goal (VFL goal of the year 2014). He has initial speed and tackles hard and makes them hurt.

Defensive training. Could make a defensive small fwd beast out of him. Tackles like a mini Ambrose.

McTippa?

For me to retain interest in the Essendon Football Club in the coming years I need McDonald-Tipungwuti in the seniors.

FWIW, I can barely remember any cases when he’s been a defender, been out marked, and I’ve thought “if only he was that bit taller”.

I appreciate the AFL is the VFL on steroids [ASADA ASADA ASADA, I invoke thee], but at VFL level it is a non-issue. His core power, bursts of speed, and nous has the height well covered.

And he has accumulated well this year compared to previously. Not going missing.

The only way Tippa is making the EFC side is as a small small forward.

Doesn’t have the height for the backline. Doesn’t have the endurance for the midfield.

If I’m Tippa I’m asking the coaches to play me in the forward pocket / HFF each and every week. I’m trying to kick a goal, or get credited with a goal assist every time I touch the ball, regardless of how many times they catch me. I’m trying to hurt the opposition player when they have the ball, without giving away free kicks. And I’m feeling awesome about myself cos I look amazing, have skillz to burn, and will be a superstar back home (and just in general) if I can make a career of footy.

BRING HIM IN

TIPPA. BELIEVE.

Agree. Get him back on the forward line.