To the players, thank you

Not going to get soppy. And no-one else is allowed too, either. Understand?

Anyway, I’d like to thank each and every player on the essendon list from 2013. You have been magnificent and the honor has been mine to see some of the wins you have had, and the dignity and self pride so evident under unprecedented pressure.

If you are all on board again next year, rest assured the fans will be too.

That is all.

What Sal said. You boys have been amazing this year. So proud of you, you’re the ones we support.

I love yous all

Well done fellas you have been fantastic on and off the field.Come out and win the flag in 2014 and in the words of Ted Whitten,Stick it up em.

Seconded. You have all been superb under the harshest and most unrelenting pressure imaginable.

You guys have been absolutely amazing in the toughest season any club has ever faced. You have made me very proud all year, and you still do. I was with you this year, as I will be next year, and beyond.

So many great memories on the field this year. Especially being at the WCE's game in Perth. Thanks.

You guys have been absolutely amazing in the toughest season any club has ever faced. You have made me very proud all year, and you still do. I was with you this year, as I will be next year, and beyond.

Great teamwork shown by all players this season. The wins have been wonderful to behold, especially the comebacks, not just right at the start of the season but last week also. lt has been a huge season, all season and you have acquitted yourself with honour. They took your points, but they can't take your glory. Onwards and upwards, come back next season bigger, better and stronger than ever. 

Thanks for the incredible memories from this year. It's been a rough ride, you have done it toughest and yet managed to help lift the spirits of countless fans.

So proud of you and I will continue to be there to support you as best I can.

Even under extreme condition.

The players.

The guys who did nothing wrong, and suffered the most.

I still love them all.

Yeah, they've played some of the greatest games in Essendon history this year. It's been great to watch and I hope they're all around in the future.

099299.jpg

All of the above.

The players haven’t let us down.

Well done lads! Toughest year ever and you did yourselves proud.

Never mind the doomsayers, this year will make the club stronger than ever.

Thanks boys. The AFL may not allow the club to compete in the finals, but you’ve earned your spot when no one gave you a chance. Chins up, see you Saturday and then in Round 1 2014.

Great thread! Thank you to the whole whole list you have stuck together and made us proud! The progress on field this year has been fantastic. I look forward to 2014 and I honestly feel that a premiership is not far away. Chin up fellas we are all 100% behind you! There are some happy years ahead at Essendon!

Concur…win against scum last week was amazing. Great character shown all year.

I’ll be there on Saturday, and win by 1 point or lose by 100 points, will give the players who take the field for this club a standing ovation at the end of our season. Each one of them has shown extraordinary mental strength throughout this horror show… If they can rest up and reload for next year and show the same guts, the other 17 teams are gonna be in trouble in 2014

Gotta luv this mob, they’ve made us so proud. I’ll never forget some those gut wrenching wins that have given me a lump in my throat and dare I say it a tear or two. I’m a Bombers for life.