To Those Who Stayed 'til The End

My old man and best mate went and they stayed to the end. What’s the point in leaving that sort of game 5 minutes early, especially when only 25k went? What made people think this week would be any different to 7 of past 8? If you don’t want to see us lose the don’t go to the footy this season.

We were there til the end, and most of the regulars near us were there. It was a small crowd, still can't believe the numbers who pay shiteloads for reserved seats and hardly use them.

I pay shiteloads for reserved seats but work shift work so can only get to about 6 home games a year. It’s better than not supporting the club financially.

I stayed till the end trying to see some hope for the future. I think some of the players may have left before me though.

I have only left an Ansett Cup match early and it was late 90’s when we played norf at the G (not the 2000 GF that we won). We lost by about 30 and I had to work at 7 the next morning.

My first Essendon game was the infamous 160 point loss to the dorks, but I have stuck it out till the end for this season’s home floggings such as the aints, the trashdogs and yesterday. I am a glutton for punishment I guess. I love the club and by staying I am making my own personal statement that I support the club and will do so for as long as I am able. My area was fairly empty to start with and it was emptier still by the end.

I was staying at the end to try and get some good photos and vid of the crows doctor, (quite a hefty chap) who I reckon bares some resemblance to Detective Senior Sargent Bargearse. It was a sad day and I am a a sad individual.

We were there til the end, and most of the regulars near us were there. It was a small crowd, still can't believe the numbers who pay shiteloads for reserved seats and hardly use them.

I pay shiteloads for reserved seats but work shift work so can only get to about 6 home games a year. It’s better than not supporting the club financially.

No disrespect Klawdy, understand, but where I still on level 2, there must be a massive load of shift workers

No disrespect Klawdy, understand, but where I still on level 2, there must be a massive load of shift workers

Yep, I’m on L2 and not many are turning up now. Many tickets sold to Crows supporters.

Around me at least, the ones who normally leave early and bag the players didn't turn up today.

I still had the usual “■■■■■■ Stanton” fuckwits around me though. Apparently every mistake on the field is his fault

Around me at least, the ones who normally leave early and bag the players didn't turn up today.

I still had the usual “■■■■■■ Stanton” fuckwits around me though. Apparently every mistake on the field is his fault

Like when Carlisle kicked it to his feet. ■■■■■■ Stanton’s fault. Clowns.

Funniest call of the day was from a Crows fan who kept going on about a mark that wasn’t paid… from a handball.

It was all about Steinberg in the Whitten bar, even when he was nowhere near it.

Funnily enough, they were the ones who didn’t turn up.

Wonder if they’ll turn up to see him win the Crichton…

It was all about Steinberg in the Whitten bar, even when he was nowhere near it.

I was there for the first half and came back later. Which end of the window were you at?

I attend all games when I 'm in Melbourne, and stay til the bitter end. Makes the wins so much more enjoyable, and boosts my contempt for the muppety opposition barracked I know, who jump on their teams bandwagon, only if they have a win, wankers

I was there for the first half and came back later. Which end of the window were you at?

Not telling.
I was acting quite the ■■■■.

Well done.

All half a dozen or so of you.

was there with my grandfather til the end
received a congratulatory hand shake from a crows fan behind us

stick fat guys

I stayed til the end, and have done so for every home game this year. It’s been a very hard few months.
I’ve almost forgotten what it’s like to cheer and clap sadly.
Just sit there with my head in my hands for most of it.

I stayed til the end, and have done so for every home game this year. It's been a very hard few months. I've almost forgotten what it's like to cheer and clap sadly. Just sit there with my head in my hands for most of it.
Almost, but the thing is, Essendon Football Club has given us plenty in the past, and some eras have been better than others. All the club owes me is the prospect of red and black success, and that is always just around the corner. For me anyway.

Yeah stuck it out until the final siren. St.Kilda still felt far worse to me, at least we won a quarter this week, but ■■■■■■ hell the lack of fight is staggering. There wasn’t any form of resistance to stop the margin getting to triple figures. I know they have gone through a fair bit these past 3 seasons but that lack of effort can’t be tolerated any longer. If we get flogged in that manner again before the end of the season then I can’t see how Hird can keep his job. I’m sick to death of the players saying they support the coach when their actions on the field suggest the complete opposite. They look like utter liars.

Sat and had a flat chat with another Blitzer afterwards.

Stayed till the 30 minute mark then gave into H jnr’s incessant “come on we’ll be late for the film”. The film being “The Fantastic Four”, the biggest steamingest pile of excreta I’ve seen in a long long time. I actually enjoyed the game more than the movie. What a day.

We’e got reserved seats and never use them because we live in Queensland and rarely go. I imagine there a few like us. We will be there for the Richmond game and are going to sit in our seats. First time for me and I have had mine 15 years. I usually stand in Bay 13 when I go. Not this time I intend using my seat.