Toby Greene in "giant" trouble

Waiting for the 'everytime you punch someone when you're young and drunk doesn't deserve gaol time' crowd to impart some wisdom in this thread, much like the marley one.

Grow up

All jokes aside, do you think this case is sufficiently worse than Williams' for Greene to deserve some jail time?

Other than the list of charges I don't know anything about it. One of the charges relates to a weapon though and unless it's self defence or something unusual, that deserves time. 

Waiting for the 'everytime you punch someone when you're young and drunk doesn't deserve gaol time' crowd to impart some wisdom in this thread, much like the marley one.

Grow up

All jokes aside, do you think this case is sufficiently worse than Williams' for Greene to deserve some jail time?
Other than the list of charges I don't know anything about it. One of the charges relates to a weapon though and unless it's self defence or something unusual, that deserves time.
Depends on whether brought the weapon with him.
Could have been a spoon, a chair or a wet paper towel. We just don't know enough yet.

Hopefully lowers the asking price and we can trade for him.

Hopefully lowers the asking price and we can trade for him.

Instead of Jetta and a 3rd rounder it's now Jetta and a 4th rounder......woo hoooo!!!

Grow up

Could have been a spoon, a chair or a wet paper towel. We just don't know enough yet.

No arguments from me.

Grow up

Fair enough.

Grow up

I thought (not going to look for the article right now) that he's injured at the moment, and the weapon used was his crutch?

Which would be damn funny if true.

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes.

Grow up

I thought (not going to look for the article right now) that he's injured at the moment, and the weapon used was his crutch?

Which would be damn funny if true.

That's what was reported. Except I recall that it was a teamate's crutch.

The Caro article on the subject (I didn't know it was written by her! Honest!) says he used a bottle. You wanna hit someone with a bottle you better have a DAMN good reason.

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes.

Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

GWS slap him with a 5 game ban, ALFPA do have a voice. Saying it is unwarranted, whats that you are sticking up for your players?

Pretty sure injuring a bloke is unwarranted

Sheedy is still there isn't he? Don't ban him, but he'll be omitted for 5 weeks for windy hill flu.

AFLPA weren't there for Essendon players. Still aren't either... Where is the AFLPA comment for unwarranted media pressure and constant speculation?

My thoughts exactly, AFLPA are happy for a player to assault and cause harm, but when it comes down to defending 44 blokes, they sit on their hands and do as the AFL orders them too.

The prospect of a formal challenge - which would be heard by a three-man panel, including a player union delegate and club official - has been backed by the AFL Players' Association, which said the punishment to Greene was ''disportionate'' given that the midfielder was being disciplined for ''breach of protocols'' by the club, rather than the incident itself, because the club did not want to pre-empt any court finding.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/toby-greene-likely-to-appeal-suspension-20140516-38etk.html#ixzz31rgRHhLu

so suddenly these farkheads are concerned about suspensions for "breach of protocol" rather than "the incident itself"

oh the horror, the horror

lol, Paul Connors is Greene's manager and he is appealing against the club punishment.  connors is a deadset flog.

He sounds like a top bloke both on and off the field.

Well, if they have charged him with breaching protocols rather than being in a fight, then the penalty may be out of whack and an appeal may be warranted.

Five weeks suspension may amount to a pretty big fine - perhaps $20,000 - 25,000.

I don’t know, just a guess if he is on $200,000 - 250,000 a year.

Has that ever happened before? A player appealing his club ban? The club must really love him now lol.

Get Edwards and Aylett into his ear to come down to the dons.

No point appealing. An independent body may reduce the suspension to two weeks,but the club will play Greene in the NEAFL for three weeks. Greene and his manager haven't thought through the situation.