Tom Bellchambers - out for a month(ish) in 2014

as much as this sucks, it's not the worst case scenario. 

For which we should be thankful. Hopefully it is not a major injury. Four weeks out for any sort of ligament injury sounds like it is on the lighter side. 

Something about Belly's missus. 

A bad sprain can be as bad as a break when it comes to ankles. Reading between the lines this seems on the moderate + level from what Doc Reid was saying. Given that round 1 is two months away however should be OK for round 1. The only caveat may be the interchange rule - I would expect that Paddy and TBC would be expected to be on the ground a fair bit to give the mids the rest. The need to have everyone in the 22 100% has never been greater.

I'd hardly consider Bailey a full time ruck.

Last year he was.
Yeah just checked his stats.
2006 4 games
2009 2 games
2011 16 games
2012 2 games
2013 19 games
43 games in 8 years.

Lots of (all?) other teams have more than two ruckmen on their main list. Whether they have two that are actually any good at AFL level is a very different question!

A bad sprain can be as bad as a break when it comes to ankles. Reading between the lines this seems on the moderate + level from what Doc Reid was saying. Given that round 1 is two months away however should be OK for round 1. The only caveat may be the interchange rule - I would expect that Paddy and TBC would be expected to be on the ground a fair bit to give the mids the rest. The need to have everyone in the 22 100% has never been greater.

■■■■ round 1
Sick of us winnjng 4-5 on the trot then barely doubling that for the rest of the year

there sure is.

Will have to spend a month on his back. Which considering his circumstances, wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Bravo

Just be grateful he didn't do this at the end of last season and thus come last in the time trial. The board would have started a witchhunt for Renae Aeris (sp)

fark round 1
Sick of us winnjng 4-5 on the trot then barely doubling that for the rest of the year
Better recent history, than winning 1 or 2 early on and then only doubling that for the rest of the year.

Ryder likes to be number #1 ruck. Here's his chance.
But it shows why you need balance and depth across all positions on the list. 3 ruckmen should be standard the bare minimum.

fixed.
our list looks mighty exposed in the ruck division for mine.
Had this argument on the trading board. Not many teams have 3 ruckmen on the list. It's usually 2 + a rookie.
Not many teams have Gary Ablett, therefore we shouldn't bother trying to get him.
Hawks had 6 guys who played ruck (Grimley, Bailey, Lowden, Roughead, hale & Ceglar). Worked for them.
3.5 is barely enough, given the 3rd & the half are very young & untried.

Ryder likes to be number #1 ruck. Here's his chance.
But it shows why you need balance and depth across all positions on the list. 3 ruckmen should be standard the bare minimum.

fixed.
our list looks mighty exposed in the ruck division for mine.
Had this argument on the trading board. Not many teams have 3 ruckmen on the list. It's usually 2 + a rookie.
Not many teams have Gary Ablett, therefore we shouldn't bother trying to get him.
Hawks had 6 guys who played ruck (Grimley, Bailey, Lowden, Roughead, hale & Ceglar). Worked for them.
3.5 is barely enough, given the 3rd & the half are very young & untried.

We're trying to get Ablett?? That's awesome!
Belly and pick 48 should get it done! ;-)

Glad it has happened now, than earlier or later he has his fitness base already at least.....

I do agree with that point. If it has to happen I'm happy it was pre-season but I would rather it just didn't happen.

there sure is.

Definately something.  Second pre-season in a row he's conveniently been in a moonboot requiring TLC.

He "broke" a bone in his foot in the warmup of the last game of 2012 if I recall correctly.

Unfortunately reckon its more then a sprain, expect him to be out longer.

Unfortunately reckon its more then a sprain, expect him to be out longer.

Informed guess?

Now out for three months! Confirmed by Twomey and EFC twitter

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-01-21/bellchambers-to-miss-three-months

Hows Thurlow been training?

Farkkkkk :frowning: