Tom Bellchambers - out for a month(ish) in 2014

as much as this sucks, it's not the worst case scenario. 

yep. his missus might dump him.

Ryder 90% ruck

How many minute Ryder Ruck?

Ryder 90% ruck

How many minute Ryder Ruck?

Lots
But when Joe gets sick if kicking goals he might give Paddy a chop out.

how tall is thurlow?

how tall is thurlow?

According to EFC website, he's 199cm and weighs 100kg.

Hopefully he’s got a bit of agro

Can’t stand soft ruckman

Hopefully he's got a bit of agro
Can't stand soft ruckman

They may be the same words Belly's missus said.

Ryder likes to be number #1 ruck.  Here's his chance.

But it shows why you need balance and depth across all positions on the list. 3 ruckmen should be standard the bare minimum.  

fixed.

our list looks mighty exposed in the ruck division for mine.

Had this argument on the trading board. Not many teams have 3 ruckmen on the list. It's usually 2 + a rookie.

Might never play again.

SEASON OVER.

But it shows why you need balance and depth across all positions on the list. 3 ruckmen should be standard the bare minimum.  

fixed.

Had this argument on the trading board. Not many teams have 3 ruckmen on the list. It's usually 2 + a rookie.

Love that sort of rationale. Where do people think progress comes from?

So that automatically means we follow suit?

Not many teams have 2 X 200cm + forwards - should we not do this then?

fixed.

Love that sort of rationale. Where do people think progress comes from?

So that automatically means we follow suit?

Not many teams have 2 X 200cm + forwards - should we not do this then?

No, it's to highlight that these days with reduced playing lists and interchange caps and reduction of number on the bench that they days of having 3-5 ruckmen on a list are gone. The game style also only allows itself to have one designated ruckmen who can't go forward as it severly restricts your flexibility. Most of the rotations on the bench are your mids, not your ruckmen/KPP.

And gaining a numerical advantage in tall timber will just expose you for lack of depth in your midfield/speed.

It's a changing game, tall timber are now dinasours. Need to be tall, athletic and be able to "rest" forward while providing a decent option and not being run off all the time by the defender,

Damn it. Knew we should have traded pick 26 for Shaun Hampson.

Ryder likes to be number #1 ruck. Here's his chance.

fixed.

Please list them.
Hawthorn had 6 ruckmen last year across main and rookie lists, and used all of them.
This year they lost Bailey from the main list and recruited McEvoy and upgraded Ceglar to replace him.
This year Ceglar, Grimley, Hale, Lowden, McEvoy, on the main list, along with Roughead who can fill good ruck minutes and Brand who is 198cm,and then rookie Tatupu who is also listed as a fwd/ruck.
Freo has Apeness, Bradley, Clarke, Griffin, Hannah and Sandilands. With Gumby and Alex Pearce as forwards who may be able to ruck all on the main list and 204cm Muller on the rookie list.
So neither grand final team was anywhere near your claimed preferred of 2 plus one rookie.

There was a post in the restockig the fridge forum.

But if you want, you can look at the preliminary finalists:

Sydney who had White, Mumford and Pike. Now they have Pike, Derickx and 2 rookies.

Geelong: Blicavs (R), Vardy, Simpson, McIntosh. Keep in mind McIntosh was brought in already injured to and Blicavs and Simpson are their "project" players.

Semi-finalists:

Port: Redden, Lobe, Renouf (R)

Carlton: Wouldn't look at their recruiting to back up either argument.

Then you have us who did ok with 2 ruckmen + a 3rd on his last legs.

I’ll accept some of those players are a stretch, but both have 4 rucks on the main list before they get to the Daniher and Carlisle and Gregory types.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter now, we have what we have and have to live with it. Hopefully Bellchambers comes up ok quickly. I just am not convinced that 2 main list ruckmen is right for a contending team, and thought your presentation of it as being in line with “most” teams was stretching it a bit.

I’d hardly consider Bailey a full time ruck.

Sydney also have Nankervis on the main list and Tippet is a mature body who can play ruck minutes.

Geelong were caught out last year but now Blicavs has shown he can play serious ruck minutes, so they’re in a decent position with him as the #4 ruck.

I'd hardly consider Bailey a full time ruck.

Last year he was.

Is it the same ankle he in the warm up of 2012's final game.
Not worth an over reaction, but history says you never have a rip snorting year after an interrupted pre season.

Interrupted in January isn't such a bad thing.. No pre-season in December or November is a bad thing.