Tom Boyd

I expect Boyd will be a senior fixture next year, and a damn good player the following year. Time will tell.

So if i remember correctly he signed a 7-year deal at end of 2014? So if we were to get him now we would still have 5 years to run on his current deal?

High risk high reward but it would also mean we would now have 4 players on 4+ year deals (Heppell, Hooker, Hurley and Boyd)

Might end up like the Hurley situation, overpaid in first couple of years but earnt it back in following couple if years.

It’s a silly premise that the dogs would pay 500k a year for 5 years for him to play elsewhere.

It's a silly premise that the dogs would pay 500k a year for 5 years for him to play elsewhere.

True. But they may need the cap space in the future, especially if he underperforms.

It's a silly premise that the dogs would pay 500k a year for 5 years for him to play elsewhere.

True. But they may need the cap space in the future, especially if he underperforms.

If he continues to underperform, then why would another club then want him, on 500k a year for 5 years?

His contract is bonkers, the Doggies can deal with that mess and suffer the consequences all by themselves.

I can’t imagine him going anywhere.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere either. I’m just responding to the hypothetical “would you take Boyd for $500k/year”. I suppose his atercation with a teammate has generated the discussion.

A colleague of mine is a Woodsman (Collingwood coterie group) and he’s been telling me for the past 18 months Boyd will be at Collingwood inside 5 years. Take that FWIW.

Good luck if you think Boyd will be an elite player in the competition which is what you expect from a number one draft pick.

Hawkins is still average. Neagle would have kicked bags if he was at Geelong.

Sozzled on Mt Takao was it?

Sozzled on Mt Takao was it?
Still freaking right though.

I want to see him stay at the dogs. That contract he is on will screw them over for a long time.

Eat a bag gordon

I want to see him stay at the dogs. That contract he is on will screw them over for a long time.

Eat a bag gordon

This.

Made their bed.

A colleague of mine is a Woodsman (Collingwood coterie group) and he's been telling me for the past 18 months Boyd will be at Collingwood inside 5 years. Take that FWIW.

If I were the dogs, id be taking Bucks up on his crazy trading fetish. They should do the old pump and dump towards the end of the year. Play him heaps, make him ruck/third tall, get people to dish of easy goals. The offload him and his big ■■■ contract for a big payday to Collingwood.

The problem is Collingwood don’t have much to give them, maybe next years first and Marsh to shore up their backline. I’m not sure they can get rid of their first though. So you might be looking at another player plus maybe get Cloke thrown in for steak knives while they go chasing another key forward.

He’d be perfect for Collngwood’s Leigh Brown / Quentin Lynch / Jessie White role that they are so obsessed with.

Maybe people need to re-assess their expectations of what tall forwards are capable of in their first four years. They are taken early because they win you games of finals footy.

they dont have to be winning games, but youd probably want more than playing the majority of the season in the vfl and getting into scuffles with team mates.

if you get boyd for 500k, then what would you have to give to joe? showed a heck of a lot more, more certainty that hell make a player of himself, and only a year older

If another club wanted to entice Daniher, Cameron, lynch or hogan to their club they would have to offer 800k to 1M a year. For all the haters out there that is what Daniher would be worth moving fwd. if we can have him on our list for 600k a year that would be a bargain!

This thread:

This thread:

He'd be perfect for Collngwood's Leigh Brown / Quentin Lynch / Jessie White role that they are so obsessed with.

Don’t forget Anthony Rocca.

No matter how useless these Collingwood spuds are, the response is always the same from Collingwood supporters… “But… But… But he takes a key defender”.

He’s more Cameron Mooney than Jonathan Brown but he will be alright.