Tom Rockliff

Are you actually joking?

9 Likes

Just get Stringer and Kennedy, and then work out how many doors we have spare. If itā€™s 800k them we can talk about Rockliff.

And then we can work out what we need to pay McGrath next contract.

And if thereā€™s still 800k left in 2019ā€¦

In summary

Rockliff = Big Fish

Miles = Big Fishā€¦ in the VFL pond

As Iā€™m said time and time again Rockliff isnā€™t injury prone. His games missed shows this. Bringing him in covers a massive weakness immediately and arguably makes us a realistic chance to push higher up the ladder.

Re his age - plenty of players make it to 31 (age at the end of 2021). The fact he can play forward and did so permanently at junior level means he could offer something there towards the end of his career.

Clearly Iā€™m all in on Rocky.

Just get it done Disco Jackets.

11 Likes

Green and Leuey to get on the phone to him ASAP

3 Likes

Heā€™s off to the scum by all reports

This. Surely at least one of them is good enough mates with him to get in his ear and tell him to consider

For what itā€™s worth, apparently Green was well liked at Brisbane amongst his team mates, was a bit of a joker and had some banter. Hopefully he had a decent relationship with Rocky

2 Likes

What reports?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  the scum

Talking footy Tom Browne

1 Like

Tom has turned 34 since the start of this thread, happy birthday you old bag of bones.

2 Likes

ā€¦there is a rant brewing inside of me the likes of which this forum has never seen

6 Likes

Didnā€™t Brisbane try to offload him to Carlton a few years ago, as part of the Fevola thing?

Seriously though, only Blitz could whinge all year about our lack of a contested beast / tagger, have an experienced free agent available that meets BOTH those needs AND who wouldnt cost us anything, and then argue that we shouldnā€™t get him because hey, you never know, we might just get Anthony farkin Miles

26 Likes

I wouldnt be too concernd with the money considering the cap room we have - especially with the new cap space everyone gets for next year - is even greater for us.

QFT.

I hope against expectation that the EFC Brains Trust doesnā€™t have that same mindset.

Clearly we should get Rockliff. Clearly heā€™s exactly what we need, especially when he is a free agent.

But

Iā€™m almost certain the club donā€™t want him.

1 Like

I donā€™t want the club to go anywhere near that ducking prick Miles. Rockliff may be older but is clearly the better player.

Too slow and will fall of the cliff quickly to warrant 4 years

1 Like