We need mids.

“What about Stringer and Lever?”
“Nup, mids.”

“What about Gaff?”
“Not an inside mid. Need inside mids.”

“What about Rockliff?”
“Too old. Need young, gun, inside mids.”

22 Likes

“I’m so sick of Essendon drafting back flankers and forward flankers and trying to turn them into mids”

“We need to get Stringer and turn him into a mid.”

14 Likes

If he wasn’t carrying an injury this year, I’d be worried about his form.

1 Like

Exactly. Games played doesn’t tell the full story.

In fact he’s about to go in for a full shoulder reco.

2 Likes

That’s going to be some rant then…

1 Like

So farking right it makes my eyes bleed.

Happy 35th Birthday Tom

Apparently on blitz 27 is the new 35.

Also apparently if you are 27 and an existing Essendon player you somehow age at a slower rate than 27 year olds from other clubs who become decrepit at aged 30.

Keep on blitzing.

3 Likes

Benjamin ‘Blitz’ Button

2 Likes

Rockliff hurt his shoulder mid season. Came back and played a different role. His early season form was great. Has had a shoulder op post season so the issue will be resolved.

All good to recapture his best form in 2018.

I would rather keep the cap space for the mids who become restricted free agents in 12 months time…I believe the WB have all of Dahlhaus, Libba, Wallis becoming available…bring in the party boys after we have spent 12 months developing our own!

I would go after Rocky. He is a decent player. We have the money to burn.

Isn’t he too old?

In my view whether we go after Rockcliff or not will be a fair indication of whether we think we are challenging now or not. There is no doubt he makes us better now but at 28 he will take a reasonable chunk of contested mid ‘time’ we may have pencilled in for a developing player. I’d go for him, if we are going to have a crack with Hooker in his prime adding an experienced contested player as an FA is a bit of a no brainer but regardless of my view I think the decision will offer some insight. I believe a core part of our list management strategy is to not recruit/trade for players over 25 so that they will be at their prime with our next wave of exciting talent. But things change, the comp has evened significantly over the last two years and teams can improve significantly through a trading window and a preseason.

3 Likes

I’d be p/ssed if EFC didn’t think were we a chance and in the window next year. Rocky should definately be in the discussion or at least his type.

1 Like

He’s 27 for god’s sake. He’ll be 29 when we’re deep in the finals in 2018/2019. You can’t have a team full of blokes under 24.
He’s exactly what we’ve been missing all year and you could get him as FA. No brainer for me.
Let him play 70 mid 30 forward swapping with Stringer who pinch hits in the midfield.

Stringer and Rocky would be a sensational off season. Unfortunately I haven’t heard us mentioned in connection to him once.

9 Likes

Blitz. Where we blast our current list for not having a winning culture, then try and fix it by throwing money at a player with a questionable attitude and no track record of team success.

Clearly, this is irrefutable evidence that we do set high standards and have not caved in to 10 years of mediocrity.

Yep and fogdog said we arent interested.
Can’t understand why, seems to fit the mould of what we need to replace Jobe.
Could have went after him last time he was out of contract too!
Im a fan.

1 Like

His “attitude problems” stemmed from him trying to drive standards at the club when he was captain. The young playing group he had wasnt ready for the constructive criticism. Id say we could use another driven hothead on field. We cant let Goddard do it all.

Rocky would be great for our side. Hes hungry for success. Hes had very little of it. Hes proven as a quality midfielder. Hell cost us nothing but the cap space.

1 Like