Top 4 sides to drop down in 2015?

This year,  we were 2 games outside the top 4 ( as were North) There is a a real chance for us to get into the top 4 next year.

Hawthorn have a large number of their top players in the 30-32 age range.  These are key players,  and will be considering retirement,  if not,  they will go downhill:

Hodge,  Mitchell,  Lake, Birchell, Burgoyne, Hale.

Geelong are showing signs of falling away,  finally.  They also have some older players in the 30+ age group.

Bartel, Mackie, Kelly, Lonergan, Macintosh, Johnson, Rivers, Stokes, Enwright, 

Given the age spread of our list,  with only 2-3 players over 30 we have a lot of upside,  to capitalise on these older lists.   

Reckon we may actually drop not go up

We are nowhere near top 4

Don't think we should rely on other teams to drop. I think we're around that 6-8 position, Top 4 at this point is wishful thinking.

I don’t think we are that far away from top 4 but certainly a distance from top 2. We probably won’t make top 4 in 2015 but should, hopefully, improve our position to 5th maybe. 2016 should be more realistic aim for top 4.

If Hirdy can somehow eradicate our inexcusable performances against the bottom sides, then we're a chance to make the top 4.

There are two good teams, one of them propped up by the AFL (there are three good lists, but LOL Ross Lyon).
Beyond that, it‘s luck of injuries and whether Hird finds that “switch”.

All of them will drop at least one spot.

I don’t know about us having a shot, but hopefully there is some changes, sick of farking hawthorn and Geelong and Sydney

Think Norf or Port can overtake the Cats

Don’t see anyone else storming into top 4 conventional unless GC go nuts

Let's not forget the Dockers

We played a lot of really talented kids this year, we will come good. if we drop next year, we will rise dramatically the year after

Reasonable point. The main thing for me, and the most pivotal for any side, is having key pillars at either end. We've got the down perfectly. Daniher and Carlisle is a ridiculous combination, can easily rival that of GWS and GC, and what's even more impressive we've done it without draft concessions. Unless you win the GF, it's the norm to focus on the negatives, but as that final becomes more distant, the more we will see the light at the end of the tunnel. In a decades time, we'll be asking who was better.

Lloyd and Lucas

or

Daniher and Carlisle

Lloyd and Lucas with delivery from Hird

or

Daniher and Carlisle with delivery from Z. Merrett

:)

Just on the Hawks, I would not be surprised if Mitchell plays till he’s 36+, if that is what he wants to do.

Has never relied on pace, is still a beautiful user of the ball, and incredibly aware of every player in his vicinity.

Unless injury gets him, he will play the game at a high level for awhile IMO.

Burgoyne, also, looks like he has lost none of his pace.

He may only have 1 or 2 left, but still a very effective player.

My brother is a mad Hawks fan.

He reckons Hodge is finished though.

Says he just can’t run anymore, and this should be his farewell season.

Agree with some of the sentiments above though.

We need to improve, rather than rely on other sides to decline.

I am not talking about relying on them to drop.  As if,  in a competitive game like this you can ever rely on anyone else to fail.  

At any given time in the competition,  some sides are on an upward trajectory,  some are going down.  I believe Collingwood will also go down.

Essendon needs to watch out for the sides which are on upwards trajectories.   Gold Coast is one.   

But if you ask some people  what trajectory each side is on,  they will say they are all going up.   Thats not going to happen.  We have to make sure we improve.

I don't think Hawthorn are dropping any time soon. Sheils, Smith, Hallahan, Langford, Hill, Duryea, Ceglar, Hartung etc coming through, and they are better at anyone at developing good kids into good players and good players into great players.

Geelong yes. Their list IMHO is not *that* strong. Lot of decent players but I don't see (other than Selwood) the guts of that next strong midfield coming through. Stokes (29) Kelly (30) and Steven Johnson (31) have been their next best mids. New maybe, still playing good footy but not young.

Wonder if they'll trade a tall? They seem intent on McIntosh and getting something out of the constantly broken Vardy, but Simpson is far far far too good to play seconds and Blicavs is the obvious choice as the #2 and filler-inerer.

We start winning games against St Kilda and Melbourne (sorry) and we don't have to rely on teams dropping.

Geelong are gettable now. Still a great team but aging. They will probably drop out of top 4 next season. Port will be likely to take their place.

Swans, Hawks, Power and us to make top 4.

Cats and Freo to drop off.

I don't think Hawthorn are dropping any time soon. Sheils, Smith, Hallahan, Langford, Hill, Duryea, Ceglar, Hartung etc coming through, and they are better at anyone at developing good kids into good players and good players into great players.
Geelong yes. Their list IMHO is not *that* strong. Lot of decent players but I don't see (other than Selwood) the guts of that next strong midfield coming through. Stokes (29) Kelly (30) and Steven Johnson (31) have been their next best mids. New maybe, still playing good footy but not young.
Wonder if they'll trade a tall? They seem intent on McIntosh and getting something out of the constantly broken Vardy, but Simpson is far far far too good to play seconds and Blicavs is the obvious choice as the #2 and filler-inerer.

Woodward will better than all those you mentioned bar perhaps Shiels
Kid can play and will probably take Sewels spot in the side next year