Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

He said in the discussion with members before Friday’s match that we weren’t into him and it was a message to players we are into. Seems pretty clear.

1 Like

You’ll (probably) earn a lot more than that over your working time.

He might if he was paid $1 for each of his Blitz posts.

4 Likes

Seemed pretty clear yes - said to high mark group last friday night that it was very important to make it clear to who we are targeting that we haven’t wavered in our focus/commitment to them…

2 Likes

They were convinced it was Nathan.

Even at 45, he’d be better value.

1 Like

No way are Heppell and Fantasia better players than Shiel.

3 Likes

At this very moment, I think Stringer is a better player than a Fantasia. That could change next season.

Shiel will be in our top 3 players.

That seems to suggest we are trying persuade them to leave their clubs, which is a very different starting point than the SSS success last year. Fingers crossed they are confident in our unwavering commitment.

@Paul_Peos triggered

1 Like

I think you are massively under rating Heppel there.

One year difference in age, both AA. Stats wise Heppel leads Shiel in most categories this year including contested possessions and clearances.

I’d say Heppel is better overhead

Sheils has a better kick.

5 Likes

Shiel’s family is apparently close friends with SOS. Surely he wouldn’t choose FC over us if those were his two choices.

Surely your son playing in a decent team would outweigh being friends with SOS

3 Likes

Surely a 25 year old can make his own decisions.

11 Likes

Disagree. Rate String but Fanta is something else. Pretty happy to have both!

Wait a sec… let’s compare payers we already have?

Dating Mark Williams’ daughter. Get Chocko back working with Sheeds and offer his future son in law the world.

Comparing players is too subjective.
Without doubt Shiel would have an immediate impact and make us a better team.
Happy to give up what it would take to get him.

How much would it take to get Fantasia and Stringer to the club?

3 Likes

Training today, I reckon they are allready there.

2 Likes