Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Cool man,we get it.

But on a 1-10 scale,if the trades come off, where will blitz levels of joy be at?

1 Like

Sorry if I have come across a bit rude or overbearing, some might say I have been a little…

Brash!!

6 Likes

Some people are just selfish. Our need to know is more important than your well-being.

:wink:

10 Likes

Stop being so selfish and provide me with the info I desire.

2 Likes

I do love the passion though

4 Likes

Cheers Adrian.

13 Likes

Cos he’s really really good at football. Right now.

He would instantly be their best midfielder, by an absolute street. And make it a lot easier for their early pick kids to actually build into careers, rather than be expected to be the gun mid from game 1.

While I’ve got you, are you still having the 2-for-1 sale on cassingles?

6 Likes

Question is why would a 25 yr old elite mid go there and be the backbone whilst the kids develop. Done the hard yards at GWS, time for some success. That’s most of the reason why Tigers will get Lynch.

Heard on the telecast tonight Richardson confirmed our interest in Shiel. Plus also heard that an Essendon player thought they were getting low-balled. Any idea who it was?

Edit - Ralph said it was McKernan

No idea, but looking at our out of contract players I don’t think there’s anyone I’d lose sleep over.

Got a list handy?

Baguley, Brown, Dea, Goddard, Green, Hartley, Laverde, Leuenberger, Merrett, Stewart, Draper, McKernan, McNiece, Mynott

2 Likes

We wont win a premiership with Bags, Dea and Brown in the side…

2 Likes

Reading Brasha’s posts.

9 Likes

If we get Sheil it’s because of Dev

1 Like

Far more forgettable players have played in Premiership teams

Not that it means much really

Bags is nearly done, but every team has someone who won’t be around much longer. That’s just the cyclical nature of football.

We have heaps of promising young defenders who can hopefully overtake Dea. If a few youngsters like Francis, Redman, Ridley and Zerk-Thatcher can’t step up, then we’re probably not going anywhere anyway. There’s also a couple of handy guys in Gleeson and Ambrose in the stands. I worry about a guy like Hartley way more than I worry about Dea

Brown is definitely underrated. He’ll never be a star, but he’s a useful role player who works all day and is flexible enough to play at either end. Richmond’s team is filled with these kinds of players. He’s more than handy foil for guys like Daniher, McKernan or an in form Stewart. What he can’t do is carry the forward line on his own, especially not for half a season.

4 Likes

would setterfield be a walk in best 22 player?

1 Like

Probably not to begin with, depends on his recovery from his knee reco. He’d be next cab of the ranks for our young mids though.

1 Like

At this point we don’t even know if he can walk.

16 Likes