Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I’m suddenly on board the ‘Let’s get Wallis for a burnt piece of toast’ train.

…Joe then kicking it out of bounds on the full

6 Likes

…and the kitchen cupboards, bath, toilet, oven, shower bay,washing machine and pantry. Not the Fridge though, we like him.

1 Like

yep, that was so bad. worst case scenario had to be landing the ball in the field of play, yet he kicks it out on the full with a shank

pass

1 Like

Mitch Wallis kicks like our Captain? WSNPHU.

1 Like

Sadly…
I don’t even think that was a shank.

2 Likes

I agree. Taking the pisss. Though it did have a touch of the Hepps about it…

Wasn’t just a poor kick, was a bad decision too. Had a bloke he could have chipped to just inside 50 on his own, who then could have taken 30+ seconds off the clock, game over

I’ve watched Wallis since his junior days.
He was great at u18s level. He was a see ball get ball player.
His kicking wasn’t great hut it certainly wasn’t terrible.

Since he’s been with the Dogs, he’s been trained and played as a run with tagger. He either hasn’t improved his deficiencies or hasn’t had the opportunity to work on them.

I think the Dogs will let him walk at free agency. He can be had very cheaply. Having said that, I don’t see him fitting into our team. We have enough players with glaring deficiencies. We need better all around players.

I’ve said it a few times. I just don’t think he’s good enough to get into our team. He’s not the type of player who will improve us - depth only.

1 Like

lot of players at the Dogs have “regressed” since their GF, he is one of them. He wasn’t known as a great kick, but get him in the guts and just let him stay there and he does quite well.

But I don’t want him and do not think he is what we need.

lets just go and get bont somehow and be done with it

perfection

He’s regressed, but it’s not like he fell from a very high perch. He has only put together one season of good footy. Certainly wasn’t elite footy. He was just plugged into Libba’s role when he was out for the season.

Wallis broke his leg the season the Dogs won the premiership, so he missed out on something special.
He’ll end up at Carlton, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Brisbane or the Gold Coast and live out the rest of his career as a good / average player who could have gotten more out of himself, but it just hasn’t worked out that way.

2 Likes

I heard about 2 months ago That Sheil wanted to come back to Melbourne preferably to one of the big clubs. Fark Carlton was said to be his preference maybe thats why Murphy is getting shopped around. Hopefully he realises they are a steam pile of horseshit and will be for a long long time and thinks about us

Heard from someone tonight that has connections to the dogs that we are actually into Dahlhause not Wallis.

3 Likes

Geez Dalhous is only 25. I would have thought much older.

He is unrestricted too so we wouldn’t have to deal with fat guts

4 Likes

Reckons Wallis will not be leaving because of his brother who is playing VFL at the dogs.
Pretty obvious that Dahlhaus needs a freshen up and a change of scenery to get his hunger back.

Dahlhaus (and little Libba) were, from what i hear, prominent among the group of Dogs that Stringer was part of and which distracted his attention away from footy and onto other recreational activities.

I hope we’re being careful here.

4 Likes