Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Love it

I’d honestly rather keep developing Clarke than take CEY. I know there’s a knock on his kicking, but from all the VFL I’ve watched, I still really rate him. But that’s just me.

5 Likes

You don’t get pick 8 for a 25yo guy you dropped to the VFL for sizeable chunks of the year, and Melbourne know that perfectly well.

16 Likes

So it seems we’ve gone cold on Shiel - is it because we know he’s bound for another club (Carlton) or because we’ve had to prioritise who we want and Gaff and Setterfield are just more valuable to us?!

If it’s the latter, I’m hoping we’re confident on landing one or both of Gaff and Setterfield.

So we made that public denial re Dayne Beams, to convince CEY that we REALLY want him?!?

10 Likes

Everytime you think you are being funny or trying to wind people up you are just damaging your credibility.

Maybe try a different approach. One that involves not thinking you are clever or witty; because I reckon you are not pulling it off as well you might think you are…

7 Likes

I really don’t put that much thought into it to be honest with you

Before CEY can even contemplate joining the Bombers, he needs to step up and throw down with Decks. @Deckham

p.s. My money is on Decks.

over-the-top

1 Like

I’d love that combo too.

Haha, don’t be ridiculous… it was so Wallis didn’t think we were giving up.

Is he any good with XL?

We wouldn’t be using our first pick on Ellis-Yolman. That’s what we’ll be using to pick up class.

Realism…back?

This is the home of “Ricky Dyson and a third rounder”*

*For the record, that’s about what CEY is worth.

CEY was delisted a year or two ago.
If adelaide want anything for him they can GAGF.
He’s worth about as much as SMACK is worth.

Tyson for our pick 8 and CEY better than Shiel? Drunk or trolling?

I’d be just as excited by recruiting CEY that I would if we brought back James Gwilt

4 Likes

An untrustworthy worthy twitter account says we’re getting Ellis-Yolman… everyone takes it as fact.

Yep. Silly season is well underway.

7 Likes

If we were to be targeting CEY just how well we’ll can this guy move? He’s a massive unit so I couldn’t expect he would be very fast.

Can’t afford to have a midfield with CEY, Myers and Langford not being able to track players.

1 Like

The Luke Parker rumours are surfacing again.

@acemen said somewhere…possibly earlier in this thread (I’m too lazy to look), that he’s slower than Myers. Ace reckons he could outrun him

2 Likes