Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

This is very true. We are friends of the family and I used to train at his gym, sometimes with jake and his other to brothers matt and Billy. Let me tell u it’s the hardest training u will ever do. But if u want to be properly fit u go there. His dad played for Essendon under 19s and trained under sheedy. But had a lot of injurys so never made it at vfl as it was back then.

It’s matts draft year this year. He has been invited to the state combine. He is much taller then jake good overhand and plays fwd and mid. He would be a great pickup. Hope dodoro is watching.

Billy was every bit as good as jake, but never got picked up. All the boys have played senior footy and in premierships for horsham.

Great family, all the boys know what it is to train hard, and are very down to earth.

On Jake’s contract I know he loves it in Sydney and would be surprised if he left.

Interesting fact on jake. He was an elite state level junior basketballer and never played a game of footy until 16.

11 Likes

You mean to say there is a Matthew Lloyd kicking around in the U18s?

What do we need to give Fremantle this time?

12 Likes

There are 2 anomalies with this post.

1. You have provided negative commentary on THE who I thought was your personal Jesus
  2. When did THE become slow or a defensive liability?

There sure is. Hopefully we draft him. It was thought he might go early in the draft. But he broke his ancle pre-season which obviously set him back. But he has been playing some good footy of late

My issue is not with Langford as he rarely turns the ball over so being left for dead on the counter will be less of a problem.

Add another slow player though and as some alluding too above, can’t hit a target then we will get cut up on the rebound.

If CEY is slow then he had better elite skills and decision making at least.

Heppell, Myers, Langford and CEY wouldn’t work in my opinion.

1 Like

Yes they are, you just restarted them again.

If we cant get top end talent, just go to the draft. Not interested in project players.

Its been 18 f@cking years

10 Likes

Tyson? Oh ■■■■ me you’ve got to be kidding!

2 Likes

I agree.

I just don’t think placing THE alongside those trucks is fair to THE. He moves far better than them.

1 Like

The Wallis link was seemingly more their side of things spruiking. CEY may well be the same.

If it’s only Bris & Blues keen doesn’t say much for the player so just add in EFC too. Player managers doing their thing.

I don’t see how we will be going for lesser quality players than the SSS last year. It’s current guns, or potential to be (Setterfield/Cerra) or hit the draft

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s not slow but he’s no Smith either.

I would be concerned though if we loaded up on to many big players.

Shiel would be the dream outcome.

So highly he was dropped throughout the season. No ■■■■■■■ thanks!

1 Like

We don’t ■■■■■■■ want that. That’s all you need to know.

2 Likes

Dodoro is deadset into Shiel and has been doing a ton of work behind the scenes.

Not buying this talk of Tyson, CEM etc. We are chasing blue chip talent, not a bunch of plodders.

28 Likes

Yep.

Wines we went after big time. Shiel we know for sure keen on. Beams & Parker perhaps also.

Inside mids with class.

2 Likes

I’d take Parker, in spite of his age. Class.

2 Likes

Hes 25. Why is that a negative?

1 Like

■■■■. I thought he was ~28… that’s a bonus. Do want. Chase hard.

9 Likes

I don’t see a lot of point to middle-of-the-road trades - which imo CEY would be and Tyson not a whole lot better.

Get more games into Redman and Ridley. Bring in a certified blue chip , a highly promising kid, or else just go to the draft with 1st and 2nd rounders.

17 Likes

Honestly Chops, I thought the same when I heard his name get brought up the other day.