Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Parker was the sub in the 2012 GF I think, Been a great player for a long time.

3 Likes

Not exactly. Unfortunately I don’t control the Press.

Where did you hear this? Or is it inside source? Would love to have him!

It has been hammered in the Press - could be rubbish as usual but it is being reported.

1 Like

Haven’t seen it in the press

1 Like

Secondhand info from a mates North source.

Polec to North done.
Gaff to North 60/40 he reckons. Gaff’s missus handed in her resignation recently supposedly.

They reckon they’re a huge shot for Kelly next year but this far out who knows.

I have seen Powell Pepper mentioned a couple of times in here, is he actually gettable?

He has some significant deficiencies but he also has power and pace and is young so I would look at him for a pick around 20 providing he was prepared to spend his first year developing his game in the 2’s. I know that would be a tough sell but our side is on the rise and he has plenty of time in his side.

He has potential to be a good clearance player in the very least and could be a very good player in a midfield that has plenty of depth like ours.

Twitter AFL trade accounts formula:

Players rumoured to be traded + what clubs need + potential twitter reach = guess work.

7 Likes

I think I’d actually prefer Yolmen, certainly right now.

1 Like

She’s a teacher. It is very common for teachers to go from school to school. It’s not like she resigned from a law firm.

1 Like

Norf will get no one AND YOU WILL ALL LIKE IT!

Powell-Pepper comes with baggage but also far greater potential.

Yolmen, I’m just not sure who he displaces in our current lineup or in the future with the amount of young mids we have coming through.

Having said that Disco has put together a very strong list and if he thinks he can add something then I would back his judgment.

I agree PP has better potential than Yolmen, but right now it’s all he has.
Whatever role you see for PP is what you’d have Yolmen doing.

if Gaff’s partner resigned effective at the end of third term it likely signifies a move to Melbourne. If it’s effective end of the year could be normal teacher movement. Either way doesn’t mean he’s going to North.

A proven big game player with finals experience.

She resigned immediately earlier in the term along with 3 other teachers due to issues they had with the principal. Is still teaching in WA as a CRT.

1 Like

So typical North hyperbole.

I can’t believe how hard SPP is marked TBH, He’s a 20 year old kid who just completed his 2nd season of A grade football, Yet every man and his dog like to tell you he’s got too many deficiencies to fix.

Anyone remember a guy called Jobe who played for us?

6 Likes

Looking at spuds like cey and spp will get us nowhere, both are duds, cey has been on the crows list for around 5yrs for nothing, wouldn’t have played this yr if it wasn’t for injuries.

Spp, is just a man child, his disposal by hand and foot Is very ordinary to go with his ordinary decision making, zero interest in players that don’t improve us

I understood SPP has serious attitude and ego problems.