Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I get you.

To me it almost feels like some outside runners from 2017 i.e. Hepp were switched inside, prob same could be said of Zaka from 2016 to 2017-18.

And Zerret who did such good work inside in 2016 went outside again. And Parish seemed more outside this year vs inside last.

■■■■■■ confusing. At least they’re developing our mids versatility.

Give us a forwardline with some continuity and a small injury list and we are already in the convo for a top 4 spot imo

Add in Gaff and the continued improvement of our young mids and we should be a top 4 favourite.

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t we just pick up Mitchell Grigg?

Turned it over beautifully. Due for a breakout season when he’s 31

2 Likes

Hang on a second - you think McNiece had a good game on Sunday? How many times did he hit the opposition?

2 Likes

Shhh… don’t point out facts to the tin foil hat brigade Ant…

1 Like

CEY is the sort of player we need - a big bodied mid, but he’s not worth any more than a third rounder at best. His ball use is substandard.

I may not be correct in this, but my feeling is that very few teams would have more than 2-3 midfielders play every game. The question would be how long did guys miss, and how important they were.

Our top 3 mids were on the park all year. Zaka missed 5 games. Myers had his third highest game’s tally ever (and also played a VFL match). McGrath played 20 games. Langford played 16 games, and I think outside of VFL matches he only missed 2 games. Parish missed 4 games due to injury. Stringer who was a part time midfielder played 20 games.

I think if people are putting together best 22’s for next year, Heppell, Smith, Zerrett, Zaka, Myers, McGrath, Langford and Parish will probably feature in virtually every one of them. And due to injury, we lost 18 games from that group in 2018.

I think its hard to argue our depth was really tested that much in 2018. You would have to argue Colyer is best 22, and I’m not sure too many would do that.

Lol, we posted almost the same thing at the same time.

get a room

1 Like

Because I was interested, number of players who played 22 senior games. Obviously not a measure of injuries.
1:
2: Bulldogs, Blues, Dockers
3: Saints
4: Crows, Tigers
5: Giants
6: Cats, Hawks, Power, Eagles
7: Lions, Pies, Essendon, Suns, Demons
8: Swans
9:
10:
11:
12: Kangaroos

4 Likes

Wow…says a lot about why the Kangaroos over-achieved.

1 Like

The value of a shouty man

2 Likes

I did love Horrible Histories as a side note.

1 Like

what 2 arms 2 legs and a head?

please guelfi is hot hot HOT

Things are getting interesting for North. Apparently Saints have offered Polec $800k a year, for 5 years. They could lose out.

Hope we do the same with Gaff. Except without that kind of extreme money on the table.

3 Likes

That would be the funniest thing ever if North lost another one!

Cmon saints!

Fark North

15 Likes

LOL.
Saints vs North.
Over Polec.
Like watching two beggars fight over a 5 cent coin.

44 Likes

OH BABY

2 Likes

31 Likes