Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I reckon we throw everything at trying to get this guy. Looks a natural.
Purple.

Can I throw knives and hand grenades?

5 Likes

Is that one of those “turd sandwiches” from the Heppell thread?

He’s such a wimpy weasel that they had to use a deflated ball.

2 Likes

Depending on where we finish would be good to get in Gold Coast’s ear. They will be swimming with first round picks, might be worth trading our first for their last first round pick and a second thus giving us 3 picks in the top 30.

Though I see the Dogs will have an incentive to trade their pick 5 away for more points for West so unless they do a deal to get a player and a second rounder they will be in a better position to drop a few positions in the first round and perhaps get GC’s 40 and 42 to go with 41 to get points for West.

Gold Coast are going down, let’s take advantage of it. But I highly doubt we can get another big fish.

Fiorini (20) would be perfect because he’s an inside midfielder and would come cheap (a third rounder, maybe fourth?).

Lonergan (23) is one of those guys, he’s not that good now, but he might be very good in a better team. Would be basically free, like a McKernan.

Kolodjashnij (22) was a high pick, is talented and would come cheap. He could potentially take that Goddard position in future. Would maybe cost a second rounder (which we’d have to pick up through some side deals).

Either way I don’t know who we’re going to drop/lose to bring someone in on top of a couple of draft picks.

What evidence do you have that normal rules apply to Hawthorn?

2 Likes

Hawks are also paying the Vickery contract this year which comes off the books next year. Essentially they’ll have a spare 1-1.2mil with the Rioli exit.

1 Like

They may not pay Rioli, but the previously agreed pay amount remains in their salary cap.

1 Like

Looks like he’s giving a reach-around, actually.
So yeah…looks natural for him.

4 Likes

Why? He isn’t working there anymore

Lol “the rules”.

3 Likes

But this is like a death!

Let’s call it a ‘Death Tax’

1 Like

I don’t think that applies when the player wasn’t a FA and there wasn’t any back-loading. Which of course there might have been, wouldn’t have a clue.

I can’t really imagine Cyril was on that much comparatively speaking though. He’s a very good player, but I would have thought there was 7-8 players more important than him during the premiership years and on bigger salaries. Has it just bumped up since guys have left?

What about Hugh Greenwood, not quite an inside bull but a big bodied mid with plenty of upside. I know he just signed a 2 year extension.

Why the ■■■■ would you even ask about a guy who’s just signed a new contract?

■■■■■■■ Nino the Second

9 Likes

This is getting farkin ridiculous.
We’re not at a farkin all-you-can-eat buffet you clowns.

9 Likes

Can’t see him leaving. Appears to love the place and seems fairly loyal. Crows gave him a chance as a Cat B rookie and I think he will want to repay the faith

Our midfield is going ok just quietly

Leading side for pressure, our clearances at present are very good.

And Zaka, Parish, Mutch & Clarke all outside the team right now. Zaka clear best 22, and probably was our most in form mid pre injury.

If we bring someone in now needs to be a gun, not other teams B graders.

9 Likes