Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Wow. Lots to catch up on this thread.

So that contracted interstate superstar rumour from last week was about Parker, I’m guessing? Couldn’t name him as he was still playing finals?

Cripps, McCrae, Kelly, Bont, maybe Heeney.

You might be right. Was definitely one 6 or 7.

It has the potential to send that message but I still doubt we would want to get into any sort of bidding war

■■■■■■■ hippie!

1 Like

Given we had to trade out Hardwick, Blumfield, Caracella and Heffernen because of our salary cap, I’m not sure exactly how we were meant to afford this gun midfielder?

I don’t disagree it would have been the better option (especially with hindsight), I just don’t see how they could have fitted it into the cap.

1 Like

Says the presser.

certainly seems like he’s been “encouraged” out the door…

Wouldn’t have taken much

Hanners we think you cooked. Your contract is heavily incentivised for games played and we are going to need to put Mills and other we targeting through there. Plus you know … your off field hijinx.

Saints will still play him as in their best side still since they are trash and he gets 2yr longer contract. Jackpot

Forgot Kelly and Cripps.

McCrae isn’t that good is he? I think Bont is more a forward than a jet midfielder.

I would’t give up two firsts for Heeney. Parker is more suited to our needs.

But really it shows that there aren’t many players that we would give up two first for.

Treloar maybe?

Remember, Melksham was pick #10, Myers #6 and Gumby #2. There are no guarantees with picks.

Also, weren’t Smith and Stringer both dropped last year?

I’d pay two mid first round picks for Parker, Sheil, Neil or pretty much any other A grade mid under 26.

2 Likes

That’s what they would want because they invested a high pick in him and they would argue “potential”. But if he really wanted to leave I doubt there is a single club in the AFL that would give a first rounder for Billings. He isn’t a terrible player but a pick in the early 20’s is probably the best they could hope for, because he simply isn’t the type of player clubs pay highly for, even if they thought they could turn his development around.

1 Like

Rabbit hole #20 reached a dead end yet?

Rabbit hole #20 reached a dead end yet?

For those saying Parker cost isn’t worth it and then saying buy a cheaper Wallis who can play fwd as well.

Parker has kicked as many goals in the last 3 years as Wallis in his entire career.

Just another reason why the comparison is stupid.

1 Like

Parker is a jet. We should get him. Exactly what we need.

5 Likes

The Herald Sun reports there are unconfirmed trade rumours that suggest Essendon will try to get a deal done for Parker.

Parker in 2016 signed a massive five-year extension with the Swans designed to keep rival clubs at bay as Parker entered free agency territory.

Footy Show reporter Damian Barrett told the AFL’s Trade Radio podcast that there is going to be “change afoot” at Sydney.

“One of many players who are contracted — and that’s going to be the default position for this player — is Luke Parker,” Barrett said.

“Again questions are being asked by people in Melbourne about the possibilities around him,” Barrett told the AFL Trade Radio Podcast

Barrett is a ■■■■■■■■

1 Like

No he isn’t, well not in this case!

1 Like