Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Delisting Johnston won’t go down too well with the playing group, you’d think!

I think the text was misread… it was actually

“Parker pen seen in a jacket at TVSC… if this is yours please collect it at lost and found”

9 Likes

With Hannebery gone, Horse would throw Parker on the ball 100% and he would be next to get beaten up. Parker at Essendon would play as a mid/forward and have a longer career and some chance of having a functional body on retirement.

there comes a point though… theyre a footy club, not a rehab facility

3 Likes

Oh I agree.

But it still will hurt the players you’d think. Given their reaction when he hurt himself against the Dees.

yeah no doubt itd sting

But they’ve got to be realistic! 6 reco’s. They should keep him around in some sort of coaching, development or welfare gig. He’d get one somewhere, just to show kids how quickly the whole dream can evaporate.

And he seems a decent bloke despite having gone to Xavier (didn’t he?).

Parker’s contracted. Having lost a couple already there is no way they’ll let him go.

someone posted on Twitter they saw Goddard meeting with Carlton officials. Only for everyone to point out he’s full of it as Goddard is
Overseas. Even Goddard told him it’s fake.

1 Like

Yeah but if you look at the rest of the thread, it was a joke.

They said someone who wore number 18 during the 2010 grand final.

They were actually referring to Razor Ray.

Johnson has been offered a development role at Sydney. They have looked after him pretty well IMO

11 Likes

is that real??? that guy is a massive goose

With Condello goneski, I could easily envisage Mike Fitzpatrick as the new ‘money man’ of the Carlton Crew. Frisk Razor for any fat envelopes.

honestly think they would be mature enough to understand the delisting. as many have said, we all know what a cut-throat industry this is

1 Like

Sydney and Johnson would have privately at least conceded that re-injuring himself is a very real possibility and would have had discussions about what would happen next if it came to pass.

Well done Sydney for supporting Johnson since 2013. I’m sure it won’t stop now.

3 Likes

Tom Browne ‏Verified account @ TomBrowne7 14m14 minutes ago

More

Radio rumour Dodoro meeting with Luke Parker. Essendon is at a management / planning off site. Dodoro there. So definitely / currently not in progress. Rumour mill semi crazy this time of year.

3 Likes

Essendon and off site arent words I like to see next to each other anymore

39 Likes

Might not be true but it’s gets the speculators all tingly.

But Parker didn’t meet him onsite according to the rumour?

Yes the text said it was onsite.