Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Yes, there are many factors which influence the price in any negotiation. We may not know what opposition clubs have offered up for Setterfield. They would simply say “We have been offered more, so we need a better deal than that”.

If all the leverage lies on their side, successfully striking a deal would be difficult. Our negotiation needs to meet two objectives: 1/ Leveraging our assets to realise a satisfactory agreement. 2/ Protecting ourselves from making an agreement we consider too risky & should reject.

Let’s wait & see what eventuates.

1 Like

Hannebery wants out. - the Swine aren’t tossing him out the door, and cheap is only in comparison to the Shiel offer.
Hickey is a late third rounder at best.
And there is St Kilda’s recent history of being all mouth, no action to pacify supporters.
Sheil would clearly be happy to see out his career at a rebuilding club for big bucks.
But if you choose to believe one trade tweet over all the others, even if on the evidence it’s got more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese, that’s your prerogative.

1 Like

He either talks very fast or had a few nose beers before his interview. Said, with regard to a move ”…we’ll see what happens and if it doesn’t pan out then…Sydney’s a great place to live!”. Clearly a mutual resentment at play.

I don’t believe Shiel would go to the Saints. I was only replying to posters saying the Saints haven’t got the picks to get the trades done.
There are plenty of ways to get it done.
Hannebery has definitely been pushed, he sounded quite bitter talking about it the other day and I do think the Saints will get him for unders IMO

1 Like

Yes they’ll get Hannebery - no way they’ll get Sheil as well - re my original post re St Kilda rumours being big players in trade week.

I don’t think he would entertain going there but hypothetically if he did for some strange reason choose to, I have no doubt the Saints would have the currency to get both

And his Mrs is a local girl so it’d be hard to see them up rooting their young family.

Your views on South Australian footy, players, and issues are respected.
As a Victorian I’ll tell you, you’re underestimating how ■■■■■■ St Kilda are.

2 Likes

No ■■■■■■■ way Shiel would go to the Saints. At this stage in his career, i’m sure a player of his class would want to be competing for premierships.

If I was Shiel and I could get $1.2+ Mil for 5 or more years I would have to think very hard about how wedded I was to the pursuit of a premiership in the short term.

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly how rubbish they are and how I’d be 99.9% certain that he wouldn’t go there.
My argument is when posters say that Club xyz has no trade currency and can’t get 2 stars in. All clubs have multiple ways to trade in multiple players. The hard part is getting players wanting to join your club and in that regards the Saints are a mile behind others.
Dylan would also need to brush up on his Shanghainese if he chose The Aints :rofl:

1 Like

Lachie Keefe has been getting semi regular games for GWS this year. They’ve got a significant lack of depth in key defensive posts

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see Wanderlust’s reaction to this news.

2 Likes

I heard that BackHalfFloater knows all the players and one time he went into a Player shop and he got to know all of the players and they had to close the Player shop

3 Likes

They’ve got Finlayson who’s OK; Corr (who’s OK) and Mohr (who’s not much chop), and a kid called Taylor played a few as well.

They’ve got options.

Well thats just plain silly, Irons. I think its important at times like this when we are all a bit on edge about what may or may not happen during trade week that we remain focused. And I’m not saying Dylan is out of the question, I was just trying to give you some context. I’m happy to patch things up with Dylan if it would help. Will Setterfield is another one who is on my radar. I can’t say whether he will or won’t come but I am happy to give him a call (seeings Adrian is flat out), introduce myself and see whether we can come to an arrangement. From the pictures he looks like a good lad.

2 Likes

Why is there talk about Shiel going to the Swans?

His manager has already stated he will not be going there.

Out of the 43 minutes you have spent reading on this site, it’s important to remain focused on why we are really here…

PUNS!

Also, it would be a good idea to take your name off of your profile

Dump Steven May’s sister and have a crack at Will setterfield?

3 Likes

not that anyone would have taken a screenshot of it of course…