Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

Do I have a bridge for you

One would think we would need to trade in a third rounder… Perhaps Collingwood would trade our second for two of their thirds…

Setterfield ain’t going anywhere

Shiel we have to get! If we get Martin bonus

That’s enough, plenty talent in our team to win a flag

we’ve been throwing in 3rd rounders to get trades over the line and it never works. so why bother.

Has to come a point where you say no, not good enough for what we need to make us a flag contender. Not everyone is AFL-grade week in week out. That is what we need from our second and third tier players if we are going to genuinely challenge.

5 Likes

It worked last year, didn’t it?

1 Like

Sure, now you want Martin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Exactly. I wouldn’t even consider him 3rd tbh. Would rather go with a youngster even if it’s pick 100 or a mature age vfl player

1 Like

we’ve all read 10,048 posts about nothing

haha. love it!

1 Like

18 Likes

Those dates again. Boy we have a long way to go before this even starts. Better put on the kettle.

AFL free agency and trade period start and finish

Friday, 5 October: Restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period starts.
Monday, 8 October 10am: NAB AFL Trade Period starts.
Friday, 12 October 5pm: Close of restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period.
Monday, 15 October 2pm: AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends.
Wednesday, 17 October 8.30pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of players).
Friday, 16 November 2pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of selections only

2018 NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Drafts

Thursday, 22 November 7pm – 9.30pm: NAB AFL Draft (Round One).
Friday, 23 November 10am – 1.30pm: NAB AFL Draft (Round Two onwards to conclusion).
Friday, 23 November 5pm: NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft and NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

1 Like

the week between the GF and trade period starting will be rumour central

1 Like

and there are the NAB AFL Draft Combines:

Tuesday, 2 October – Friday 5 October: AFL Draft Combine.
Friday, 5 October: Victoria / NEAFL / Tasmania State Draft Combine.
Saturday, 13 October: South Australian Draft Combine.
Sunday, 14 October: West Australian Draft Combine.

The only truthful thing to be announced.

1 Like

My apologies.

1 Like

Should just start trade/FA now. No one wants to endure a week of Collingwood and West Coast being forcibly shoved down our throats.

7 Likes

God damn it. Trade period doesn’t end till October 17th. I’m gonna have a nervous breakdown.

I’m banning myself from this thread until the trade period begins haha

Nothing will be announced this week. Pretty sure the AFL want all the focus on the GF so they ask clubs to not make announcements until the week after

goodnight. see you here tomorrow

1 Like