Trade scenarios to land Stringer, post Saad and Smith?

Trade 2 done and we are inching closer to the finishing line.

Could go down as one of the all time great trading periods for our club. I’m still in shock really… we were the destination club this year… not the bargaining chip… not the fallback… and it feels good.

Boy oh boy wowee… just add the package and we are set to roll!

2 Likes

Us and Port, two teams no one saw it happening with.

1 Like

Agreed… however it seems we had already approached guys we wanted/thought we could land. Port seems to be making some really great pitches to get FA etc across. Again different ways to skin the cat, but I do feel that some of Ports moves seem to be $$ related.

Don’t know contract details of course… but it doesn’t seem like Smith and Saad were chasing huge $$ to come to us.

Probably making no sense… but I think this trade period has been exciting because it shows that players around the league clearly rate our footy club, our list and where we are going. They see a bright future imho… not just $$

4 Likes

Ess out: 25, 30
WB out: Stringer
Bris out: Schache

Ess in: Stringer
WB in: Schache, 30
Bris in: 25

BL would ask for both picks.

Yeah, probably right.

Apparently not, the rumours are that they will take a single 2nd rounder for him.

Oh good, then we can do a 3 way trade and keep our pick 30 :grinning:

No need to sell the farm. 2 good second rounders is fair weight for Stringer.

He’s being sold on form he hasn’t produced for while and carries significant baggage.

The dog’s can’t heal wounds and get him back playing good footy.

I am totally comfortable with giving 25 and 30 as our final offer. Its a good one. If they don’t want to sell then let’s just hit the draft or trade for matty Kennedy with one of em.

If you were Schaade watching this schmozzle happening between the Doggies and us, would you seriously consider going there? Come to us instead.

2 Likes

He’d get waaayyy more game time at the Doggies than us. Here he’s unlikely to be best 22, at the Doggies he probably walks right in.

Is Schaade the player who moves in space with minimum waste and maximum joy?

3 Likes

Crows In: Gibbs Out Cameron
Blues In Kennedy, 30
GWS In 25 Out Kennedy
Lions In Cameron Out Schache
EFC IN Stringer out 25,30
Dogs IN Schache Out Stringer

1 Like

What a smooth operation that would be.

1 Like

Not only that but I hope we could bring in his mate Freude too.

That pair would really provide a lot of enjoyment for Blitzers next year, especially when opposing clubs stuff up.

4 Likes