Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

The thing about connors is yes he gets his players where they want to go. He also masterfully builds up there value if they want to stay.

Sheils might want to stay at GWS but he wants more money now. Connors needs to stoke up interest even while contract if he wants a good extension.

2 Likes

They took Dylan Buckley, didn’t they?

4 Likes

The Beams statement was smoke and mirrors imo

Doddoro didnt actually say we weren’t into him, it just said that we hadn’t spoken to him or Brisbane.

I’m of the belief we are aiming for 2 of either Shiel, Gaff or Beams. With Shiel being number 1.

2 Likes

After last years trade haul i’m confdent we will get one of those 3 you mentined in this case hopefully Shiel

2 Likes

Dylan Buckley

10 Likes

Where going to have to offload some players I would think.

39137815_2320124574669883_8627241743084945408_n

Apparently knocked back $5.1m from us. Looks like we are truly loaded and getting something big this off-season.

1 Like

$5.1m jesus that’s a tone load of money to knock back

I’d reckon better than those

If I’m GWS…and I think I can only afford to keep 2 out of Kelly/Coniglio/Shiel beyond 2019…then I would be organising extensions NOW on the 2 that I think I can retain. Make the offers lucrative.

I just can’t see them letting one go, without trying very hard to lock the other two in.

Otherwise their midfield could be gutted in the space of twelve months.

1 Like

Peter Jackson says YES!

I thought it was Peter Amor who says yes.

How does it feel to be North’d

I knew trade talk had well and truly started when we talk about offering the likes of Hartley to a top 4 side. Then I remembered D Buckley and thought perhaps it’s not so ridiculous.

Offering Shaun McKernan would have been laughed at 6 months ago.

How things have changed.

2 Likes

Dangerfield.

Kind of different circumstance that one. Yes he supported Geelong but primarily he only want to move back to the surf coast so he was hardly going to play for anyone in Melbourne. It was as much about moving home to the lifestyle he wanted, not specifically to play for Geelong.

True. I didn’t think he was good enough but it shows how important some players become given a set of circumstances and being able to then produce. Once Joe went down, he became quite important. I reckon we beat Hawks if we had him instead of Brown as our focal point.

Nankervis was a reasonable footballer but changes clubs and becomes arguably the most important player in the best side in the comp that also has Dusty, Cotch, Jack and Rance.

39137815_2320124574669883_8627241743084945408_n https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/3X/0/5/05d58832d607bbc91ce7feaee323f0ab4fd7ad07.png

If true he’d want to be rolled gold assured of that, and so would his teammates. Not a great look otherwise. EFC sewing discontent til the early morn.

Will work beautifully with Mckenna