Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

What’s on the table our end to go for a premier inside mid in a trade? Are any players off it? Do we trade an outside mid for an inside mid, or will this just reverse the imbalance? Trade an older key position player of worth (eg Hooker or Hurley)? One of our tall forwards? But who apart from Joe is seriously worth anything? First round draft picks? Yikes, that’s a top-10 this year!

Seems to be a lot of talk of ‘get [one of the league’s best players]’, but I’m just curious what people are willing to give up to get that.

Still want Sloane

Get him fairly cheap due to age and still has a good 2-3 years in him

Great fit for our club. Exactly what we need

I would love him, but he won’t come cheap

Has Nero confirmed these Tyson and Gaff rumours off bogfooty? Otherwise, it’s just not factual

1 Like

What rumours?

1 Like

What Clone_Hirdy said

Woosh …

2 Likes

He said “what rumours?”

:joy:

Also the poor kid would never want to get in trouble with the law with that first name…

post injury late 2017 I dont think he was optimistically looking at getting a game ahead of Shiel, Congilio,Greene,Ward,Kelly, Whitfield and Scully…no.

but yes he was best 22 there before doing his knee for a second time and still a great get for what we paid.

Old broken men like Griffen, Deledio get regular games. Matt DeBoer always plays. Sam Reid plays. They have rookies.

I have no idea how you have come to your conclusion. But it’s wrong. He is a walk up start to GWS when fit.

He’s a walk up start in any team.

If a fit Devon Smith is not selected for an AFL team then that team is the greatest team of all time.

2 Likes

Across his GWS career he averaged 18 disposals and a goal a game.

So…turns out he was a farking good player.

Also had a top 3 B&F to his name.

So let’s not exaggerate as if GWS have the greatest team ever or have actually achieved something…

1 Like

Thank fark we didn’t trade for Stevie Johnson.

1 Like

Not quite sure how to interpret that.

But what I will say is Smith hadn’t featured in finals for GWS last year and though he declared himself fit I believe one of the reasons he wasn’t selected was because GWS weren’t confident he’d get through the game.

1 Like

True and the fact that Stevie J kicked a bag and being in good form pretty much forced their hand

1 Like

He is playing some of his best footy now.

Toby Greene should be the main target from GWS. Like Smith he is pigeon holed into a forward.

A good preseason and we could have another gun mid.

1 Like

I don’t enjoy posting bigfooty rumours, but I do enjoy the idea of the Crouch brothers as targets.

Post was deleted shortly after posting.

8 Likes

Very unhappy place it seems

This collective minds thing seems to have stepped wayyy over the line. Far further than leading teams type criticism about footballing professionalism.

Article on how offensive it was to indigenous players also recently. Betts shaken up by it.

We’d gladly take Matt Crouch off their hands

2 Likes

I haven’t followed this story much because off field gossip run by journalists making AFL the “days of our lives” sh¡Ts me to tears.

However,

I’m curious very little has been made of Collective Minds not actually being qualified psychologists. Crows let non psychologists experiment on the psychology of the player group.

It’s grossly incompetent and depending on how much of the rumours are true potentially harmful.

Absolute amateur hour down there.