Trade Targets

Not that this is of much help but Close is from the where I live. Seen him play at junior level back when he was 17 at senior level. He was very raw at that stage, was playing in the backline if I remember correctly. He hardly dominated but was athletic, tall and skinny. Took a few good grabs and read the play well. Nothing that screamed AFL quality to me at that age. But a good honest player.

To gauge it on others from around here who have made it. He was nothing like Adam Goodes who I played footy with and against, absolute freak show. Or Jake Lloyd who’s family I know pretty well. A little of topic but Jakes 2 younger brothers are very good players. Billy who never got drafted was a better footballer at the same age (one the WFL bnf off 6 or so games). Then he has a younger brother Matt who plays fwd, is taller and also a very good player (won the u21 BOG in the GF this year). Think he is 18 next year. Could we have another Matty Lloyd? One to watch next year for the Ballarat Rebels. Very nice family.

3 Likes