Trade Targets

Our target should be one particular player, who would solve so many of our problems. Our forward strength. Our back-up ruck. Our Jenkins/Adelaide issues. Costs the equivalent of Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

I am of course talking about… HUGH GREENWOOD!

About 24. Ex-basketball player. Rookie listed by ADELAIDE. And currently kicking goals in the SANFL. The stars must be aligning!

He can’t ruck (194cm) and he ain’t a Key Forward but besides that yeah.

Semantics. :slight_smile:

We’ll never get a better chance to revenge Adelaide on Jenkins. And frankly, some of what I read actually does sound like what we need. Mobile tallish forwards, also goes into the midfield and gets clearances.

aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/124772/Hugh-GREENWOOD

https://bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-adelaide-crows-sanfl-season.1118851/page-143#post-44634684

Why do we need to take revenge on Adelaide?

Our target should be one particular player, who would solve so many of our problems. Our forward strength. Our back-up ruck. Our Jenkins/Adelaide issues. Costs the equivalent of Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

I am of course talking about… HUGH GREENWOOD!

About 24. Ex-basketball player. Rookie listed by ADELAIDE. And currently kicking goals in the SANFL. The stars must be aligning!

He can’t ruck (194cm) and he ain’t a Key Forward but besides that yeah.

Semantics. :slight_smile:

We’ll never get a better chance to revenge Adelaide on Jenkins. And frankly, some of what I read actually does sound like what we need. Mobile tallish forwards, also goes into the midfield and gets clearances.

aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/124772/Hugh-GREENWOOD

https://bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-adelaide-crows-sanfl-season.1118851/page-143#post-44634684

Why do we need to take revenge on Adelaide?

What’s with all the semantics today???

Ahh…So you just read about him and have never watch him play?

Ahh..So you just read about him and have never watch him play?
No, for my mid-season draft in my fantasy league I only had money left for a rookie, so I was searching through the Inside Footy descriptions for a not-terrible rookie selection.

But come on, pinching him off Adelaide would be cool!

Walters from freo.

Walters from freo.

Imagine him, Fanta and Colyer in the same forward line…antoniobanderasgif.

Walters from freo.

We had a shot at him… before Lyon changed him from his overweight laconic self

Think our best bet is GWS players. No secret they will have to offload several and everything I’ve heard points at Tomlinson, Steele and Marchbank being on their way out.
Must confess I don’t know a lot about Marchbank but really rate Tomlinson and Steele. Would the club look at a package deal and perhaps cough up next years first rounder and this years second to grab all 3?

Think our best bet is GWS players. No secret they will have to offload several and everything I've heard points at Tomlinson, Steele and Marchbank being on their way out. Must confess I don't know a lot about Marchbank but really rate Tomlinson and Steele. Would the club look at a package deal and perhaps cough up next years first rounder and this years second to grab all 3?

Are any in GWS best 22? I wouldn’t be throwing any first rounders into the mix if they’re not guaranteed senior team players.

By way of a somewhat comparison - What was the deal Carlton did with GWS for 3-4 of their players?

By way of a somewhat comparison - What was the deal Carlton did with GWS for 3-4 of their players?

Picks 28, 77, 95 and most significantly, Geelong’s 2016 1st round pick for the 4 players.
I have no idea how those 4 guys compare to the ones Aceman is talking about

Picks 28, 77, 95 and most significantly, Geelong’s 2016 1st round pick for the 4 players.

You missed pick 8 which also went to Carlton. Assuming Geelong finish nearer the top than bottom that deal has to be seen as a big win for Carlton. Effectively Henderson & pick 28 for pick 8 on its own is solid, whatever they get out of the 4 players is a bonus. You’d have to think the SOS connection got him some special consideration.

Think our best bet is GWS players. No secret they will have to offload several and everything I've heard points at Tomlinson, Steele and Marchbank being on their way out. Must confess I don't know a lot about Marchbank but really rate Tomlinson and Steele. Would the club look at a package deal and perhaps cough up next years first rounder and this years second to grab all 3?

I’d go with our second round pick (19-20) for those guys and maybe something else down the line.

TThe key would be actually getting them to want to come to Essendon

Didn’t Tomlinson nominate Carlton last year? Or was it more to get outta GWS as Carlton was taking anyone?

Are any in GWS best 22? I wouldn’t be throwing any first rounders into the mix if they’re not guaranteed senior team players.

Tomlinson and Steele currently getting a game, Marchbank has had a couple of niggles I believe

Tomlinson and Steele alone are better than the 4 Carlton got. Tomlinson has played over 50 games and I rate him highly but with all their guns I reckon he will be squeezed out. Steele is a Canberra lad from their Academy who I also rate highly. Marchbank we havnt seen much of but by all reports he has had a few niggles. Was taken at pick 6 in 2014 and is a key defender so is currently behind Davis, Patfull etc in the pecking order.
Tomlinson and Steele would be walk up starts at plenty of clubs and Marchbank is a kid with plenty of talent. Would happily trade out next years first plus pick 19 this year for all 3 of them

Tomlinson only 3 games this year, so fringe. Apparently been tracking up big numbers as a mid in the NEAFL, but bit played that role in the seniors. What are you buying when you get him?

Be surprised if they let Marchbank our Steele go.

Tomlinson only 3 games this year, so fringe. Apparently been tracking up big numbers as a mid in the NEAFL, but bit played that role in the seniors. What are you buying when you get him?

Be surprised if they let Marchbank our Steele go.

Steele wants out and Marchbank keen to get back to Victoria is rumoured. Watched the replay of GWS yesterday and thought Tomlinson was ok. GWS has plenty of gun mids so he is surplus. I see him in the same predicament that Mitchell was at Sydney, just keeps racking up huge numbers in the NEAFL whilst waiting for a injury to get into the league side. Tomlinson would walk into most sides, my brother watches him a bit up there and rates him almost as highly as he did Treloar

I struggle with the concept of trading top end draft picks for a group of players that are barely best 22 at another club. I’d rather quality instead of quantity. How is that going to get you to the point of beating that club? No issues if you don’t have to give much away as it seems in the Carlton deal.

It seems a bit like the Richmond method where they said earlier this year that they knew their recruiting would bring finals but not a premiership.

I struggle with the concept of trading top end draft picks for a group of players that are barely best 22 at another club. I'd rather quality instead of quantity. How is that going to get you to the point of beating that club? No issues if you don't have to give much away as it seems in the Carlton deal.

It seems a bit like the Richmond method where they said earlier this year that they knew their recruiting would bring finals but not a premiership.

You aren’t wrong. There would need to be a pretty amazing deal for us to let pick 1 go. It would only happen if another club is willing to pay overs for pick 1. With the oddities of the academy system, we could get a quite remarkable offer for it.

If the talent you pass on is greater than the talent you get in the trade, then it ain’t happening. But if you get offered something ridiculously good , you’d have to consider it.

I struggle with the concept of trading top end draft picks for a group of players that are barely best 22 at another club. I'd rather quality instead of quantity. How is that going to get you to the point of beating that club? No issues if you don't have to give much away as it seems in the Carlton deal.

Steele is easily best 22 but due to salary cap constraints they have to offload several players. I’m sure GWS would love to keep them but when you give half your cap to Cameron and Shiels there isn’t much left. All 3 of those guys are top 10 picks and upgrades on what we currently have. GWS has also spent 2-4 developing these guys who are now ready made where as you just don’t know what you will get on draft day. I’d take those 3 any day over O’Meara who would cost similar