Trade Targets

Rob Kerr has made no secret of the fact they we are on the look out for snaring a good player b/w 22-25 yrs old from a rival club as part of the strategy moving forward

Wouldn’t every club have that as a strategy and shouldn’t that have been our strategy for the last 10 years?

Teams that are on the cusp of a flag have every right to improve their depth of quality for the ‘here and now’ by getting your Stevie J, Brian Lake, Jarrad Waite type guys for a couple of years but it doesn’t serve a huge purpose for teams who are a few years away from building a squad capable of contending for a flag.

Would think even the teams going for the flag would still try and snare a good player in 24 age range knowing he is on the brink of peaking.

But as for the second part, why hasn’t this been our state ray for the last 10 years?

I’m sure we’re continually trying to get deals done. Clubs aren’t routinely giving away top quality 22-25 year olds, and we have hardly been a destination club of late.

James Stewart from GWS could be a good get. So many good players stuck playing reserves because of how strong GWS are.

In order, I would be targetting
Nealle - I would offer first round pick for him, 22 yrs old, highest disposal in league to date, 8-10 years ahead of him. High price, high reward.
Prestia
O’Meara
Jenkins
Patton
Nicholls Only coz i think Belly is to injury prone and should be a cheap trade deal

James Stewart from GWS could be a good get. So many good players stuck playing reserves because of how strong GWS are.

I’ll bet its a wonderful life up there though.

Pick 19 + Howlett still might not get the Neale deal done. The kid is a gun.

No chance that gets the deal done. Howlett has next to zero trade value and Neale is worth a top5 pick.

Neal is worth the number 1 pre season draft pick. ■■■■ freo and Carlton.

When did freo win a game?

Fair point. No doubt they are tanking

Why do Gold Coast hate us? I don’t recall us trading with them in the past.

I think thats the point…

So wonderful and high, one could get vertigo.

We need a key forward (Patton), far more then we need another midfielder (Jaeger). However, if by some black magic we could get both. :stuck_out_tongue:

Something something only looking forward something something real view window something something and so forth
Why do Gold Coast hate us? I don't recall us trading with them in the past.

Because we tried to give them a great deal for Caddy.

And something about an ex Essendon staff member working for the Suns who no longer loved the Bombers.

We stole their fitness & sports science guys :wink:

Something something only looking forward something something real view window something something and so forth

Well that was a let down. I feel like someone just shot Bambi. Or… Liberty Valance.

Coat acquired.

Kyle Riemers 8 goals against them.

They hate us because of the Caddy thread. I hate us because of that thread.

Our target should be one particular player, who would solve so many of our problems.
Our forward strength.
Our back-up ruck.
Our Jenkins/Adelaide issues.
Costs the equivalent of Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

I am of course talking about… HUGH GREENWOOD!

About 24. Ex-basketball player. Rookie listed by ADELAIDE. And currently kicking goals in the SANFL. The stars must be aligning!

Pick 1 & 19 and a swap of our 3rd rounders for Prestia and Omeara.

Edit - actually our first 3 picks for both players. Then run for the hills.

Our target should be one particular player, who would solve so many of our problems. Our forward strength. Our back-up ruck. Our Jenkins/Adelaide issues. Costs the equivalent of Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

About 24. Ex-basketball player. Rookie listed by ADELAIDE. And currently kicking goals in the SANFL. The stars must be aligning!

He can’t ruck (194cm) and he ain’t a Key Forward but besides that yeah.

They hate us because of the Caddy thread. I hate us because of that thread.

Epic thread of epic epicness.
Our target should be one particular player, who would solve so many of our problems. Our forward strength. Our back-up ruck. Our Jenkins/Adelaide issues. Costs the equivalent of Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

He can’t ruck (194cm) and he ain’t a Key Forward but besides that yeah.

Semantics. :slight_smile:

We’ll never get a better chance to revenge Adelaide on Jenkins. And frankly, some of what I read actually does sound like what we need. Mobile tallish forwards, also goes into the midfield and gets clearances.

aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/124772/Hugh-GREENWOOD

https://bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-adelaide-crows-sanfl-season.1118851/page-143#post-44634684