Trade Targets

Gorringe is absolute rubbish. (Expecting a Rolo-instigated insta-ban for that comment).

if we don't go for the best available mid at our pick I will be farkin astounded.

Half back flanker it is!

Along the ruck lines, what about one of the GC lads? Zac Smith, Gorringe, and Dixon (more fwd I know) are all out of contract I think. Given they picked up Wright and are struggling, would've thought we'd be in with a shout.

There was an article last week saying we were going to have a crack at Smith.

Thanks, just found it. Gold Coast (and whoever wrote the article) are dreaming if they think weā€™re giving up our first rounder (article says a top 20??) For Zac Smith. Better off going after leuenberger as a restricted free agent.

I hope we go after Leuenburger as a restricted free agent. Heā€™s had his injury problems but he was looking like turning out to be one of the best ruckman in the league before his problems. And heā€™s still young enough to give us some very good football. Maybe a change of scenery could be the ticket.

if we don't go for the best available mid at our pick I will be farkin astounded.

Prepare to be amazedā€¦

Prepare to be amazedā€¦

Unless Schache is available at our pick, Iā€™m confident weā€™ll be drafting a mid.

if we donā€™t go for the best available mid at our pick I will be farkin astounded.

We need to change our recruitment team due to the fact that we have a bad reputation to trade with. This must change. Also, this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  saga must end, because it's going to screw us for at least a decade.

Hope this review looks at our recruitment, dont think Dodoro is up to itā€¦
I remember the days we had the best in Judkinsā€¦ we need someone like that now who can pull a rabbit out the hat in the 40ā€™s and above

You mean Keane? He is our recruiting guy, Dodoro is the manager of the recruiting department now.

GOVERNANCE!

Despite how unlikely it probably wouldā€™ve been; Rory Sloane has committed to Adelaide for three more years. StKilda were definitely keen

this thread gone full retard.

I wonder if it might need GAJ moved on for the culture to change.

A mate of mine reckons the suns would be closer to a premiership right now if ablett hadnā€™t gone thereā€¦

Your mate is an idiot, is it Jon Ralph?

This is just me completely guessing, I have no info they're even considering any of this, but I reckon they'd love Kelly. Simpkin is from a strong club and would also be a possibility, especially if they lose some mids over the trade season. They've lost some rucks in recent years and might still lose Nicholls, but I don't think Jamar would want to go round again even if they want him. Dea might also have a shot. They'll probably also look for older guys being 'retired' from strong sides due to list pressure but who may have some decent footy left in them.

They just badly need an infusion of maturity and leadership. Theyā€™ve gotten themselves in a really bad spot with what seems to be a dodgy culture among their first intake of kids, who are now 24ish and the heart of their list, and itā€™s going to be very difficult to get things straightened out.

At the time when they entered the competition, I felt they were almost aspiring to put a list together which is similar to Melbourne. They drafted nice, neat looking footballers. They didnā€™t invest a lot into Kpp players. They didnā€™t add any bulldozer type inside midfielders. Even their mature players like Harbrow, Krackour, Rischitelli, Brennan, Josh Fraser, Nathan Ablett. All players that add nothing to a young side. Itā€™s absolutely laughable.

Yet you look at GWS, Sheedy picked a team that resembled a young Up and coming 1980ā€™s Essendon side. Lots of talent, lots of players that win their own football, they were mouthing off at the opposition, they were in the face of opposition players, they wanted to fight. They also invested heavily in Talls. We can reflect back and laugh at the fact they signed Tom Scully, but the likes of Chad Cornes, Dean Brogan, James McDonald, Luke Power. Just shows how far ahead of Gold Coast they really were.

Dunno about that actually. They actually picked 3 inside guys with their top 10 picks - Swallow, Caddy, and Prestia - and another two talls in Day and Lynch. Theyā€™ve been unlucky with their inside brigade - Swallow, Oā€™Meara, and Prestia have had a load of injuries and Caddy just wanted to go home, but they did at least try. Their issues have been in development rather than drafting.

What they DIDNā€™T do was get enough mature players, or the right sort of mature players, to take some load off the young blokes. Ablett, Brennan and Rischitelli were their three big-name mature recruits in their first year, from memory, and thatā€™s not much to write home about. And then you have Bock and Hunt, one of who was actually dealing drugs to his teammates and the other was from a drug-dealing family and has a history of being careless with banned drugs, so one can draw some conclusions there too. Not the example you want your senior guys to be setting. GWS have been much more willing to genuinely invest in older experienced players who are actually teachers and who can contribute around the club and at training rather than just on field on game day. GC went with the flashy option, GWS went blue-collar. Of course GWS had more #1 picks and more trade fodder with their 17yo minidraft so had a drafting advantage over GC too, but not enough to explain the discrepancy in performance weā€™re seeing now.

People around here, especially during the ā€˜ā– ā– ā–  draft Dayle Garlett!!!ā€™ frenzy of a couple of years back, have been known to froth at the mouth when EFC prioritises drafting good blokes, hard workers, and leaders over highly talented erratic ratbags and drug-soaked weirdoes. Well, GC is a warning about what happens when you DONā€™T do this.

Wonder if we can trade hurley hibberd to Melbourne hogan to Fremantle their first pick to us plus melbourne 1st pick next year

Welcome to Essendon Tyrone Vickery

No - I think the big fish from out west coming to us via the PSD is Mitch Clark who is in the last year of his contract with the Cats.

Fark, now Iā€™m depressed!

Zac played some great footy early on. Well worth a look at.

Sounds like a feed from Smiths manager.

Sounds like a feed from Smiths manager.

Thatā€™s what i was thinkingā€¦

Welcome to Essendon Tyrone Vickery

No - I think the big fish from out west coming to us via the PSD is Mitch Clark who is in the last year of his contract with the Cats.

Signed a contract extension to keep him at GC until the end of 2017. Unless he has had a massive change of heart/falling out I can't see why he'd resign and then request a trade in the same year.

Contracts donā€™t mean much anymore!

exactly. Anyone remember what happened to McCarthy this year? Probably not missing home as much as McCarthy but when he signed that deal there could have been a bit of precaution from his side of the contract. What if he had done an ACL? Him signing a 1 year contract, especially considering how little contracts mean now, doesnt mean much IMO.

Signed a contract extension to keep him at GC until the end of 2017. Unless he has had a massive change of heart/falling out I can't see why he'd resign and then request a trade in the same year.

Contracts donā€™t mean much anymore!

Signed a contract extension to keep him at GC until the end of 2017. Unless he has had a massive change of heart/falling out I canā€™t see why heā€™d resign and then request a trade in the same year.