Trade Targets

Getting another first round pick is a pretty tough ask. Short of losing someone who would be a major part of any rebuild, I just don't see we have the tradebait available. We've got a fair few guys worth late second round picks, but then you're in serious Dyson + 3rd rounder territory.

Maybe if Goddard wants a premiership else where we could trade him for a top 20 pick.

I don’t think, given his age, that he’d garner a first round pick any more.

I appreciate he has tried over the last 3 years and has been a great spokesman for us as well, but I would take a second round pick for Goddard. Would also encourage TBC to go via free agency and get a second round pick for him as well.

That would give us one first round pick and three second round picks in a shallow draft. Upgrade Smack & perhaps Steinburg (if I had my way I would get Irish on the main list as he looks as exciting in the forward line than anyone I’ve seen in a while)

forget retreads this year and go the draft and of coarse Tippa. (Wallis & H Danaher as rookies)

What’s 2 meter Peter’s contract status?

Would hand over pick 1 in a swap for him.

Love the trading out of Goddard. Add Stanton to the list. Lets just load up on end of first/beginning of second round picks and get rid of players who are in decline.

Somehow turn pick 1 into Prestia and Neale ?

I wonder if 'a player' that we have lined up for the PSD which Robbo is suggesting, is one of the players which Fogdog has been alluding to.

No it’s not. Hopefully it’s Mason Wood.

Chris Mayne is an unrestricted free agent.

no thanks

I’d take him if free. THE THIGHS

Along the ruck lines, what about one of the GC lads? Zac Smith, Gorringe, and Dixon (more fwd I know) are all out of contract I think. Given they picked up Wright and are struggling, would've thought we'd be in with a shout.

There was an article last week saying we were going to have a crack at Smith.

Thanks, just found it. Gold Coast (and whoever wrote the article) are dreaming if they think we’re giving up our first rounder (article says a top 20??) For Zac Smith. Better off going after leuenberger as a restricted free agent.

Dont think Gorringe would be keen to come to Victoria as he requested to be traded back home last offseason.

FROTHIES

Given the ■■■■■■■■ about how far off a flag we are, and our banning from the first rounds for two years, id have thought everyone should be demanding we target the draft.
Not to mention the list demographic, with a pretty big bunch of 28-29 year olds. And between GC/GWS drafts, and the AFL penalties, we just haven't gotten much talent through the door.

No matter how anyone else chooses to spin it, cattle makes up 90% of your results. Great coaching gets you another couple of wins, poxy coaching costs you a few. Talent is the rest.

By my count, in the last 5 drafts (4 of which have been affected) we’ve had a pick 7, a pick 10, 2 picks 19-20, and 3 picks from 31-34. Trading out Cramers & Ryder has given us another in the late teens and one in the mid 20s.
We haven’t finished above 7th in that time.

In most other years, our results would’ve given us a pick 3, a pick 8, a pick 9, two pick 12s, and 5 picks 20-30 (as well as our trade returns, a pick 17 & 26)
Plus the later picks (I haven’t bothered with pick 40+) have all been pushed waaay down the order.

We’re effectively short a pick 3, two pick 12s and a pick 19. Those kids now could be another Zerrett or Myers or Hepp - or a Kav. Who knows.
But 4 good kids could make a big, big difference to a list.

I wonder if 'a player' that we have lined up for the PSD which Robbo is suggesting, is one of the players which Fogdog has been alluding to.

no thanks

Is that blonde guy from Norf out of contract?

The NEAFL must be a seriously mediocre competition. Tomlinson just got 52 touches.

It’s is mediocre but Tom Mitchell was getting 40+ every week and has turned out OK for Sydney.
I rate Tomlinson and reckon we could get him at a decent price

Even if it is a b/c grade comp, he still had to get the touches. If it was that easy, more players would do it.
Wouldn’t be disappointed at all if we got him for a decent price.

Not really. If more players could do it, it would be a better comp, and they wouldn’t get that many touches. I’ve got no objection to getting Tomlinson, it wasn’t really a comment on him just the quality of a competition where the two leading possession getters in a team get 95 between them. That said, it was the Lions reserves, so there should theoretically have been a decent number of AFL quality players involved.

Tomlinson would get 35+ most weeks in the VFL, WAFL or SANFL he is just a ball magnet. Main knock is he can spray them occasionally

The NEAFL must be a seriously mediocre competition. Tomlinson just got 52 touches.

It’s is mediocre but Tom Mitchell was getting 40+ every week and has turned out OK for Sydney.

Even if it is a b/c grade comp, he still had to get the touches. If it was that easy, more players would do it.

That said, it was the Lions reserves, so there should theoretically have been a decent number of AFL quality players involved.

You could say the same thing about the Lions 1’s

Not really. If more players could do it, it would be a better comp, and they wouldn’t get that many touches. I’ve got no objection to getting Tomlinson, it wasn’t really a comment on him just the quality of a competition where the two leading possession getters in a team get 95 between them. That said, it was the Lions reserves, so there should theoretically have been a decent number of AFL quality players involved.

In a state that is predominantly NRL/ Rugby Union it would be

Article in the HS suggesting Neale will stay with Freo.

They must have seen Fogdog’s post